Surfing Dolphins

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Thanks Dan. Fabulous photos and they do play for fun I'm 100% convinced about that. Love 'em, they're my mates on lonely voyages. :)

I know it's not 'Bushy' but this one led me for about 12 hours off the Portugese Atlantic coast.

lacorunacopy034.jpg

madi

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2010
sheffield
saw these in the flesh off the coast of turkey and am man enough to say they brought a tear to my eye they blew me away so beautiful and clever creatures

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
At night when the phosphorescence clings to them they look like green glowing torpedoes streaking through the water, and when they jump they leave a glowing trail of sparkles like a comet. Never fails to impress. :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I video'ed a pod of common dolphins playing in the surf last time I was in the Falkland Islands - its on an old VHS tape and I tried to get it converted to digital format, If I find it again, I'll pop up a link. Not as many as in the linked photos, but stunning for me nontheless.

ATB

Ogri the trog

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I was on a boat in Scapa flow heading back to Stromness, when a dolphin appeared infront of the boat and kept crossing from one side of the bow wave to the other for about 5 mins,a great sight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE