Support needed for a new disaster response charity please!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Evening folks,

An unashamed plug for a new disaster charity recently launched at this years Arb Show for tree surgeons and foresters.

http://www.disasterresponseteam.co.uk/

Please pass on the word to friends and family for support please; for those of you who would like to know more, feel free to pm me for info. If you are feeling like a change, then why not offer time and support? Don't be put off thinking it's all about tree surgeons!! That's a secondary or tertiary priority compared to being a team player and owning a increasingly rare portion of common sense - after my deployment to the Philippines last year, I can honestly say 99% of trees were already down and didn't need climbing!!

We are also after volunteers who can help on the home front - training requirements, bushcraft being applied through the safety and security package, online media presence, photo and video editing, etc, etc.

Thank you for reading and thank you in advance for sharing!

u8egy8ud.jpg

9usurase.jpg
damyry8u.jpg
by9ytuny.jpg
9ege5a5e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I hope the charity goes well.

Please keep in mind that all posts like this should go through admin for approval, we get a lot of people wanting to promote all sorts of different causes and that's why we process them through Admin or we'd be inundated and that's not good.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Are there no tree surgeons, arborists or foresters in this forum??

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Yep, I'm an arborist, but I object to people using forums as charity fundraisers. Isn't that what Facebook and Twitter are for?

And the link you posted is out of date, so without typing the new address into a browser, nobody has easy access to see what it's about.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Didn't realise I was posting a post that needed approval?
Nice 65; double checked the link before posting which was working and Im not advertising to get people putting hands on pockets mate. As said, were after the word being spread please! Any sponsorship or monetary funding is via corporate means.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
As said, were after the word being spread please!

Why, if not to boost funding? And the link still takes me to the old site where there's an address for the new one.

I know I'm coming across like a grumpy old git, it's an admirable organisation, but really, why's it here? Why the need to spread the word, it's of little use to any of us unless we want to enrole I suppose?

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Didn't realise I was posting a post that needed approval?
Nice 65; double checked the link before posting which was working

Your link goes to:
http://www.disasterresponseteam.co.uk/

In the centre of that page is an announcement saying that the new website is:
http://www.dartinternational.co.uk/

To provide teams of rapid response, experienced and qualified arborists, equipped to support disaster relief operations worldwide, so that trees that have become a danger are treated or removed and wherever possible continue as a vital source of food, shelter and raw material

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Mr Charly; thanks for that mate, maybe I shouldn't have been trying to write the post whilst out on Bodmin moor with intermittent signal!
Maybe it was wrong of me to ask forum members to spread the word of a new charity - I obviously thought that if any members knew of friends or family members who are interested in aid work, currently work in the aid agency sector or indeed are looking to expand their horizons for life experiences.
Having had interest from other forums, and a few of those listing bushcraft and outdoor activities as a hobby, I thought for a few minutes writing it may hold interest here - obviously only negative apparently!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Janso, I don't think folk are necessarily being negative it's just that it's Tony's forum and it's kind of a rule that folk follow some set rules and ask before posting up charity stuff.

Must admit it was a pet hate of mine at work and the likes to have a stream of folk "guilting" you into signing stuff when you're trying to eat a hurried lunch. Similarly if we all just threw every cause up on the threads it would put folk off. All he was asking was for a polite check first to see if it was OK.

It's one of the best run and friendly sites I've ever been on and it's because folk quietly follow the rules along with some very hard work behind the scenes by the Admin and Mods.

Have fun,
GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE