Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Asper convos on Face book, the January meeting will be the 9th Jan to the 11th Jan due to New Years Day being on the Thursday.. nto sure if people could make the 2nd out in the woods, what with it being holiday period

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Been a busy One for me not spent much time on here, hope you all had a good one, looking forward to the news year, and getting out in the woods, spending time on learning skills.... new and old.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Going into the new year , I ve been thinking of what skills I am getting a bit sort on and could be learning a bit more of, and what I could be improving in.

So I have decided to look at the following:

Friction fire lighting
Foraging
Game Prep

Some I have done and need practice in, some I need to get stuck in..

So I have decided to take Mr Mears's Publication "Outdoor Survival Handbook" and work through it, using the seasons sections to coordinate when I do them..

As far a the foraging goes, I intend to get out there and find out more...

Anyone up for this as well?

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Sounds good to me, will have to get that publication so that I can tag along, when I can.
2015 looks like it's going to bring in lots of changes for me, a challenging year, me thinks.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
I've decided that I'm going to upgrade my bell tent. If any of you are interested in a cheap 4m one let me know. It's the 4m bushcraft tent from canvastentshop on the net. It also has a flue for a frontier stove. No point in putting it in the classifieds as I'm not posting it anywhere because it's around 30kg plus pole!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE