Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have the Tenth wonder Black Hornet with the double opening bug netting, fantastic bit of kit but I think tenth wonder are having a few issues at the moment, they have hardly any products for sale

jameshardy

Dec 9, 2007
canterbury
Thanks for the info guys. I'm also wondering about what under quilt or under blanket you use. There is a four week wait in the Ukhammocks products. What do you guys think about the dd or snugpak UQ? I have down sleeping bag and down jacket so that is a warm place to be starting from.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have the snugpak underquilt, it works perfectly with the hornet hammock but it is not as small and light when packed as the down ones from uk hammocks.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
I've got a dd hammock, the one with the waterproof base,I think its the travel. But have upgraded to a warbonnet blackbird xlc, the same as Sean. Love the Blackbird, but it is very pricey. If you are around next time I'm down I'll bring them with me for you to try out.

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Thanks for the info guys. I'm also wondering about what under quilt or under blanket you use. There is a four week wait in the Ukhammocks products. What do you guys think about the dd or snugpak UQ? I have down sleeping bag and down jacket so that is a warm place to be starting from.

Hi James

I copied Mike and used a Tesco bag and it does the job fine, however, noticed just recently that the 'tea bags' had reduced the filling from 300gm to 200gm and still charged a £10! Still does a good job, wasn't too difficult to make and Mike does have a video showing how.

My main hammock is a Tenth Wonder Hornet XL which has a zipped mattress sleeve/inner and both sides of the bug net are zipped.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hello and welcome to the group, tell us a bit about yourself and what you get up to, maybe pop along to a meet see you joined in 2013?

Big-D

Mar 31, 2015
chelmsford
Hi all I love in Chelmsford but there's not much of a bushcraft community here. Iv been given a link to your thread and thought I'd day hi.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Big-D, and welcome, keep your eye open we have regular meets, what are you into and whats your experience,

Big-D

Mar 31, 2015
chelmsford
I'm a scout leader. And have been camping and doing the bushcraft thing with my troop. But thought a bit of adult company would be a better place to learn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE