Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu, what are the dates for the next 2 meets?

Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November - Monthly Meet
Friday 6th and Saturday 7th December - Monthly Meet - Christmas Meal !!!!!!

The threads are up for both :)

After the next meet I am going to speak to the land owner and book the first 6 months of 2014, using the same weekend being the frist full friday, Saturday, and Sunday of teh month.

Also going to try to arrange a 4 night Daniel Boone hopefully using Price on the 1st and 4th night, Shadowbush on the 2nd , and another on the 3rd night... :)some time in May :)

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Chris,

Update on tent...

To cut a long post short, lots of buck passing so have opted for refund! Search for new tent begins!

Kevin

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Off out Saturday night with my diy Pertex hammock sock
yqa5arem.jpg
copied from a one I saw in the USA, hoping the micro climate makes a big difference this winter to the warmth. I've used pertex rather than goretex as it's more breathable but windproof and I will use a small Tarp with it. It packs down to the size of a tennis ball and is really light. Next I make make a hammock and see how light I can get.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Chris

It was the Vaude Power Lizard 1-2 man SUL, main problem was poor cut and short hitches between inner and outer which caused the inner and outer fly to be in contact and resulting condensation. Looking at Hilleberg Akto, Terra Nova Laser Competition 1/2 and looked at your suggestion Tatonka Kyrkja which has very little info on outside of there site.

K

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Chris.... you looking at tents :).. you need to get that Hammock out, lol..

saying that I a ground dewlling again

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have used my hammock a few times out in the garden, great for reading a book, but I was struggling to sleep comfortably as I sleep on my side/front at fidget a lot, plus I don't have a 1 man tent which I may need next year if I can get out in the hills

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Yeah Chris Swedish one is still up there, however, saw mention of Tarptents Scarpa 2 elsewhere on forum which their range looks interesting.

Stu as you're ground dwelling again take a look at these NeoAir, I used one on weekend and that is now wifeys as I just bought a LARGE one. Also, on the weekend had wifes old thermarest as a trial against and the warmth of the Neoair was superb and have invested in the airpump too which makes life less wheezy!

Also plan to consider being a 'swinger' but will look further at those erections on Nov weekender!! :confused:

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I'm planning to use my hammock this month but I am only able to make it for one night, got to be at the firework display Saturday night.
The scarp2 does look good and it gets good reviews but I can't find a UK based seller

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Off out Saturday night with my diy Pertex hammock sock
yqa5arem.jpg
copied from a one I saw in the USA, hoping the micro climate makes a big difference this winter to the warmth. I've used pertex rather than goretex as it's more breathable but windproof and I will use a small Tarp with it. It packs down to the size of a tennis ball and is really light. Next I make make a hammock and see how light I can get.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Like the look of this! Will take a detailed look at the meet... you're giving me ideas again Paul :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE