Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cromm I dont know why it isnt, only found it for sale on 2 websites, one of them said that it was not, all I can think that it might be is that the shelf is over half of the thickness of the handle or the tips reflex slightly.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Do you have a link of the bow ozzy?
My bow is a afb but as it folds in the middle it isn't classed as a afb but hunting tackling ht. Which is cool by me jhst as long as I can shoot the bow I want too.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I would be very surprised if anyone would say that isn't a abf and could be classed as one in a shoot. But like I said with my bow you can just put yourself into the ht class which is meant to be a higher-harder class to shoot in but it isn't at all.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
After the discussions we have had about the effect of hammocking on bladder control, I asked someone this evening if they had experienced the same problem. The response was.

"I have never had a problem with this, but I do find it easy to get in and out of my hammock. Perhaps this helps"

Another point of view from our very own Mr Ray Mears. His talk was good too!

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I've got one of these camp beds I bought in go outdoors if you want to try it.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/qiuck-comfort-cot-p152316

It will have to go in the Landy though it's pretty big even when folded up! Quite high of the ground as well, wouldn't work in most small tents. These x leg designs often are.

Thanks for the offer.. I am tring to find a simple one... I not to sure about all the plastic bits on it, i am going to have a look at the ex mod W leg type ones nex as they are easy to repair......i undersyand that they are a bit bigger :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
After the discussions we have had about the effect of hammocking on bladder control, I asked someone this evening if they had experienced the same problem. The response was.

"I have never had a problem with this, but I do find it easy to get in and out of my hammock. Perhaps this helps"

Another point of view from our very own Mr Ray Mears. His talk was good too!

Interesting..... Perhaps he did not want to say incase he started talk of problems lol...., i know some say they dont but quite a few do. ....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I think I have narrowed it down to one of the following 2, the Wolf I shot yesterday and liked it, the Black Bear Looks nicer though and both can be shot in HT class
http://www.archeryworld.co.uk/bows/...ional-archery/ragim-wolf-american-longbow-kit
http://www.archeryworld.co.uk/bows/...tional-archery/ragim-black-bear-one-piece-kit
I did look at the antelope at CB archery but they don't do wooden arrows to suit my draw weight.

Two nice bows.....:)..i must say I liked Pennies Wolf as well..

I ve not had much experiance of plastic fletches, so dont know what they are like..

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It will probably be the Wolf as that is what I have shot and I did like it, will probably get a set of arrows with feather fletchings at the same time to use in comps and replace the plastic ones when they die. Got to spend a bit of time hunting for a car this week too, and write an essay, visit gran in hospital, take son to hospital, fit some shutters to an old barn. its going to be a busy week

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Here is my winter hammock sock, kindly sewn by Swmbo. Made from pertex 4, I went for the smiley door rather than the sad door so that I can pull the door out as shown. Also went for pertex rather than goretex as I will always be using a Tarp and pertex is great at wicking away moisture.
The temperature difference is amazing and the breathability is great too, I was a little concerned about stale air as I'm the type that like to sleep with the window open and a breeze on my face but it wasn't a problem at all.
ahehu6ag.jpg
yhuqypum.jpg
a5yqypep.jpg
ha3y8uru.jpg
y5aduze8.jpg
umasumem.jpg
azegure3.jpg
ase8a2uz.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
It will probably be the Wolf as that is what I have shot and I did like it, will probably get a set of arrows with feather fletchings at the same time to use in comps and replace the plastic ones when they die. Got to spend a bit of time hunting for a car this week too, and write an essay, visit gran in hospital, take son to hospital, fit some shutters to an old barn. its going to be a busy week

I dont blame you its a nice bow, you going to be a busy bunnny this week :), Ive still got to mod my quiver, may do that one night this week, been doing some leather work today... But run out of time.. And now feel like a break...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE