Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am staying way from mats... Will prob keep to camp beds for ground dewlling, or maybe just the ground in the summer... I will keep the hammocks for the odd hang, if grounds very wet or very uneven.

Just dug out my old tent from the shed... Just a cheap sun camp one thats about 15 years old... Wish i still had my vango force 10... Gave it to a mate about 20 years ago......

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Chris.... When your signed of at oakwood and got a bow we will have to do a weekend at the range :)... A weekend of bushcraft and archery. ?...

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Cromm,

NeoAir I got Large from AllOutdoors shopped around for best price and availability. Went All season because of the warmth factor which I was suprised how much difference it does make.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Thanks will have a look, I like the look of that and the Alpkit Dozer but again can't seem to find one to buy.
I was thinking campbeds also, oztent do one which is the bomb, saw, sat and had a play with at a camping place in Norfolk. What are you looking at getting Stu?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cromm have a look at the Trail Pro, 2'' thick and self inflating and very warm, it is also a bit cheaper than the neo air

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I just bought a trail pro and yes it's 2" thick, not tried it in anger yet but your more than welcome to try it at the meet.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Stu

Just got back from the woods, was using a flatbow this time, I think I will be getting one, due to the weather I have to go back next weekend just to go around a course or 10 or 12, then get signed off.

Started off today with a 20lb take down, then tried Pennies 30lb flat and instantly thought I need to get one, although it was 10lb difference on the label in use it didn't feel much more, just comfortable.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Took a walk and brought back a lot of wood from a massive fallen sweet chestnut tree in the woods outside my house. Here's what I made from some of it today (and I have a spatula/hand-held chopping board in the works too)

DSC_0860.JPG

DSC_0858.JPG

For scale it's about a foot long.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks will have a look, I like the look of that and the Alpkit Dozer but again can't seem to find one to buy.
I was thinking campbeds also, oztent do one which is the bomb, saw, sat and had a play with at a camping place in Norfolk. What are you looking at getting Stu?

OZ tent nice kit but as you say £££££, I have tried the Cheap W leg frame from Argos.. but not very wide and too short for me.. going to look at the X leg ones next but not made up my mind...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu

Just got back from the woods, was using a flatbow this time, I think I will be getting one, due to the weather I have to go back next weekend just to go around a course or 10 or 12, then get signed off.

Started off today with a 20lb take down, then tried Pennies 30lb flat and instantly thought I need to get one, although it was 10lb difference on the label in use it didn't feel much more, just comfortable.

Pennies flat bow is nice at 30lb if found it a bit to low for me... but yeah its a nice bow... and I do love the Flats...

opps wrong button...lol

yeah I did wonder if the weather may take its toll...

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Took a walk and brought back a lot of wood from a massive fallen sweet chestnut tree in the woods outside my house. Here's what I made from some of it today (and I have a spatula/hand-held chopping board in the works too)

For scale it's about a foot long.

good one simon... looks nice :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE