Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
SJStuart's Group meal list for the Group Meeting of 5th and 6th July 2013. Meal will be on the night of the 6th.

The meal will be my trademark Chicken Stir Fry (it's better than it sounds, I assure you) made fresh on the day. There will need to be two batches if there are more than 5 eating, but this is easily done as it doesn't take so long to make :)

Please copy this entire post and add your name to the list:
1) SJStuart
2) Big Stu
3) RemeaviThanatos
4) mitch66 Stir fry again please 😋
5) tagnut69[/INDENT]
[/INDENT]

6 roman

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Bag packed, I will be brining a brace and bits, adze, side axe 2 froe's and a couple of draw knives can any one think of anything else that may be useful?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Bag packed, I will be brining a brace and bits, adze, side axe 2 froe's and a couple of draw knives can any one think of anything else that may be useful?

I just got to finish packing my sack tonight, get things together, then up early to load all my gear.....

I'll be bringing my axes, club hammer and wedge.. did not get my adze sorted in time :(...

That should see us sorted for tools Chris.. looks like its going to be a working good time... :).

It would be useful to me, if you could rescue me from the in laws this weekend, then I could join you all. :lmao: It's going to be a great weekend, wish I was there.:(

Shame your not comming Colin, you could always bring them as a trip out... lol

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Gents,
90% certain that I have found someone to cover for me Friday evening, so I should be with you by 8pm.
If that goes awry, (I will give you a text Stu, if I cant get there Friday) I will be there first thing Saturday morning.
From the threads of this meet, it sounds like its going to be a good one, and the weather looks on our side,
See you all at the weekend, Mike.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Gents,
90% certain that I have found someone to cover for me Friday evening, so I should be with you by 8pm.
If that goes awry, (I will give you a text Stu, if I cant get there Friday) I will be there first thing Saturday morning.
From the threads of this meet, it sounds like its going to be a good one, and the weather looks on our side,
See you all at the weekend, Mike.

I hope it is going to be a good one.... :)

Dont worry about the text Mike, you know how to get to it, and where to park, and all the gumph, turn up when you do bud, :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Picked up a new battery for the bike today. Going to be checking and repacking the Bergen shortly (but it should be basically all ready)
Picked up all the group meal ingredients today, and will be pre-preparing the meat, veg, sauces (which take time to make) and getting them ready to be packed onto the bike tomorrow.

I'm hoping to be down there quite early... I have a surprise to prepare :)

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Bummer city all packed and ready to go and now I have to work late and also work tomorrow B*****ds. Sounds like a great one in the offing. Hope you all have a fantastic time and hope to see you on the next one. Intrigued by what you have planned Simon so hope there will be some photos of the event. Take care for now.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Hi guys, cheers for the warm welcome today, and also the patch up job on my hand. i've been to A and E. (in and out in 30mins a new record). Apparantly it's not too deep, and I've been superglued and tetanus boosted.

On the plus side I didn't get blood on the new table!

Looking forward to meeting you again soon, by which time I will have purchased some steristrips.

Hope you had fun, and thanks again.

John.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi guys, cheers for the warm welcome today, and also the patch up job on my hand. i've been to A and E. (in and out in 30mins a new record). Apparantly it's not too deep, and I've been superglued and tetanus boosted.

On the plus side I didn't get blood on the new table!

Looking forward to meeting you again soon, by which time I will have purchased some steristrips.

Hope you had fun, and thanks again.

John.

Thats Ok John it was good to meet you, at least it was ok , and your been boosted :)

Blimey, Stansfields first serious injury. Have you entered it in the accident book?! :lmao:

Not Really too bad thank goodness, it looked worse then it was,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Great time in the woodlands again at the Monthly meet, I arrived an meet Nick, Chris and Carl at the compasses, and had a refreshment before making our way to the Woods, later in the day the others arrived, the weather could not have been better for us,

I had made my mind up to try to get some kit sorted out for when I do the Boone Challenge and used a Canvas Rucksack, and took some Bannock mix, Dried Meat, Dried Fruit, and some Flap jack to eat, all in all it worked well,, now I have more Idea what I will take on that Trip :).

I set up my new East German Poncho Tarp and my Czech bed roll.. in next to no time, following that Chris had brought along A slap for the fire place an t we got to work setting it in, and the fire was light, the rest of the day went well.

DSC_0013.jpg

It was a funny night sleeping for me First time for years not in a Hammock, and had a full night, just waking a couple of times,

The next day we set to makeing a table using one of the trees for a bench, did some Spoon carving, and started to try to make a Hurdle.. well I did say Tried..

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0004.jpgDSC_0005.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

Carl found a Hammock in the Back of his landy which was Hung in the communal area, Paul found a use for it

DSC_0014.jpg

The evening was a good chat round the Fire, then to bed.. I had a better sleep in the bed roll and work up to cook my breakfast...

DSC_0007.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0009.jpgDSC_0010.jpgDSC_0011.jpgDSC_0012.jpgDSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0015.jpg
DSC_1040.jpgDSC_1041.jpg

I Caved Three spoons in total, just got to finish them off and take the rough edges off

DSC_0017.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE