Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
lol... maybe sainsburys or waitrose, may be of a better class......

I'll just leave this here...

harrodsdog-bag.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
2 Night Monthly Suffolk Bushcraft Group Meeting 5th and 6th July 2013

All Welcome, Newbies, all levels of experience, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

A 10 Acre mixed Woodland that is very quiet and secluded, and lends itself to wild camping, both in Hammocks and Tents, just outside of the village of Stansfield,

Regulars that have been to the Site before - 12:00 onwards - report at Office before going to the woods.
New commers to Site - Meet at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN. 14:00 hrs, normally finishing about midday on the Sunday. Please be on time as the Woodland is hard to find, For those that can not make it to that meet and would like to come please PM me and I will arrange another time, at the moment there are guys arriving on Saturday Morning at 9am as well.

Cost
The Camp Site charge is £10 per person for the Weekend, fees for the site to be paid to me (Big Stu) as you arrive, this will have to be in cash.

Under 18s
Are welcome to attend, they are the responsibility of the Parent/Guardian that they came to the meet with.

Behaviour
Our meets, are good natured and light hearted, with safety in mind, we aim to carry this on with self regulation, if it does not then the offending person will be asked to leave immediately.

Facilities
This is a very wild site...The nearest Toilets, Shower are back at the Bayments Farm Yard, the nearest Tap is about a 600m from the Woodland.

Personal Hygiene - there is NO toilets in the woodland, apart from the ones at the Farm, please bring your Hygiene kits, there is a Group Latrine that is to be used in all cases, it is a requirement of the Landowner.

There is a lean to one man natural shelter that can be used, if you would like to use it for a night, that would be on a first come, first serve basis, it may need re-roofing prior to use. There is also a Shave horse for use as well that was made as a group project.

Housekeeping
There is no Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; we have had occasions were other peoples pitches have been cleaned up by others, You Carry In – You Carry Out.

Fire Places and Fire scar’s to be kept to a minimum, this will depend on activities, if you make a Fire Scar for any reason, other than communal one, then it is your responsibility to clean it up, The Main communal Fire is Everyone’s responsibility to clean up after.

Vehicles and Access and Parking to site
Due to the amount of cars and access being required by the landowner, cars can go to the woodland to drop off and pick up kit, then back to parking area for the duration of the stay, the Car Parking for the woodland will be about 800m away from the woodland in a Working Farm Yard, please do not block Gates and Barn doorways.

If the ground is too wet then, most of the gear will have to walked in, I can arrange for help for people that cannot walk that far due to a health reason, I need to know this in advance.

Group Meal,
The Group meal will be provided by Simon, Thank you for the offer of that Simon, If you would like to take part in the Group Meal, can you add your name to the group meal list in this thread.

(The Group meals are supplied but the person making them, then the cost is divided between the participants, please remember Cash is required) Last couple have been a Curry by Kirkland, and a Spit Roast by Paul, thank you both.

In case of Unforseen events that may cause there to be no group meal, please allow in your catering for that emmergency meal.

Air Guns
From this meeting as a Bonus for the Regular Attendees to Monthly Meets will be able to use Air Guns (Non FAC - under 12flb only) for Target use only in a designated area, they will be subject to Chronograph before use by the Range Control Officer, (this will be Carl), and any decision on the use of Air Guns and Range that he makes will be final, and has the right to refuse the use of the gun or any person using a gun.

IF YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR ATTENDEE TO THE MONTHLY MEET PLEASE DO NOT ASK IF YOU CAN SHOOT... IT IS ONLY FOR THE REGULARS.

Please inform myself or Carl (mitch66) if you intend on bringing an Air Gun prior to arrival.

Any person not adhering to these conditions will be asked to stop the activity.

Other Info
We are still on probation at this site, so please keep to the simple rules and treat it with respect.

I will be taking the normal, Griddle, and tripod, Coleman Lamp, also a couple of Tarps, for a group shelter,

Wood can be gathered from around the site, Dead Wood only to be used.

Of course Micky being taken is compulsory....

I know people Like taking Photo's and sharing experiances, and some dont like the Photo's on the Internet, so Please bear this in mind when posting after the event,

Slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale, so a meet can be a great place to get some kit.. reason to bring a little bit of cash with you.

All Attendee's, attend and take part in any activities at their own risk....by attending you agree to this term.

First Aid
There are no First Aid facilities on site, so you will need to bring your own kit,

The nearest A & E is 20 minutes drive at;

West Suffolk Hospital
Hardwick Lane
Bury St Edmunds
Suffolk IP33 2QZ,
Switchboard: 01284 713000

If you plan to attend, then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meals and how many nights you’re staying,

List of Attending
1. Big Stu - 2 Nights
2. RemeaviThantos - 2 Nights Group meal please
3. mitch66 - 2 nights
4. sjstuart - 2 nights
5. Tagnut69 - 2 nights
6. Zeon98 (David) - 2 nights.
7. Bdshim - 1 night - Meeting 9am Sat at Compasses.
8. Roman Soldier
9. Mike Smith - 2 Nights (provisional, depending on work commitments) - will self cater.
10. Jjessup - Meeting 9am Sat at Compasses
11. Bryan Stanbridge -1 Night maybe 2 - Via Woodlife/Essex Outbacks

Other Dates
August 2nd and 3rd 2013 - Monthly Meet
August 24th to 28th – 4 Nighter Bank Holiday Meet - for more details see notice on thread
September 6th and 7th 2013.- Monthly Meet

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, all.
our meet we went from 9 to 11 cool, i should have a TW 1.8m bivi hornet hammock and tarp ready for next weekend . any news anyone? mite have a DD 4x4 tarp for sale if anyone wants one ? later carl

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi, all.
our meet we went from 9 to 11 cool, i should have a TW 1.8m bivi hornet hammock and tarp ready for next weekend . any news anyone? mite have a DD 4x4 tarp for sale if anyone wants one ? later carl

Not been up to much, really.... the numbers grow... I will put a limit to each meet soon, as we dont want to over work the woodland with too many at once, and I think it would be nice to keep it from being a woodland full of tent/tarps... and keep the wildness of it :), it may be an excuse to have two meets a month :), something we can talk about :).

Yeah Jjessup wants to come for the day and see what we get up to before jumping in.. and Bryan we have meet, he visited about two meets a go for the day :)..bdshim has wanted to come but dates never lined up so is comming for one night.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Just ordered a TW double black hornet, if its here in time I will be bringing that. Those slabs I found are 24''x30''x2'', I have 2, shall I bring both? The tin squirel and rat are all ready to go as well

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just ordered a TW double black hornet, if its here in time I will be bringing that. Those slabs I found are 24''x30''x2'', I have 2, shall I bring both? The tin squirel and rat are all ready to go as well

An other swinger.. lol, and theres me I just ordered a red roll... lol....

WOW they are big, one will do, I did wonder about putting a base in near the shelter so who evers using that could have a fire, but I would like to stay away from encougaring a large fire there, try to keep the wood usage down if you know what I mean...

Tin Rat and Squirel... have you got a good recipe for them? :)..

I can wait for next weekend... Ive not been out since the last one....

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I can bring both so 1 could be a our base and the other at the shelter

The best recipe for the tin rat and squirel is to liberally apply copious amounts of lead from a distance of around 15-20yds for an hour or two:)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I can bring both so 1 could be a our base and the other at the shelter

The best recipe for the tin rat and squirel is to liberally apply copious amounts of lead from a distance of around 15-20yds for an hour or two:)

LOL, yeah think they may taste a bit metallic..... but hey we will have to try , thats if my HW35 will shoot that far :).

Bring both the Slabs , I just dont want to encouage people to waste wood, I know there is loads about, but... if you know what I mean...

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Sure do, and if we limit the size of the fires to the slab people should get the idea.
I am sure your hw35 will be fine, when I rebuilt my hw80 it was putting out around 4 ft/lbs with the original breach seal, poped in a new one and it went up to 10.5 which is still a little low but the piston seal was toast too, a V-Mach kit soon sorted that out:)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sure do, and if we limit the size of the fires to the slab people should get the idea.
I am sure your hw35 will be fine, when I rebuilt my hw80 it was putting out around 4 ft/lbs with the original breach seal, poped in a new one and it went up to 10.5 which is still a little low but the piston seal was toast too, a V-Mach kit soon sorted that out:)

Thats what I am hoping, mines got the original Leather seal in so I think it will be ok....... or it will be a rebuild.. :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
This lime next week :) the fire will be lit the coffee pot will be on, and we should be set up, ready for a great weekend with a great group of bushy friends :)......

Just got back from seeing the Surplus guy

On my list of items I have are

A Blue Peculator x 1
A nesting set of billys x 1
Some single Leather pouches x 5
Some Double leather pouches x 8
Web tex head torch x 1
Turbo Lighter x 1
9mm 5mm and 3mm Paracord
and a few other things..

Just so you can see the pouches, the top two are as I got them.

DSC_1031.jpg

I now sat and given the double pouch I am going to use, a coat of Carnauba Cream, and I had already dyed the other one :)

I''ll work out prices and post on here later, if you want something let me know, and i'll reserve it.

Just could not help myself, and brought a new gun slip - cause I needed one, some canvas ponchos that button up to make a Tarp, an old canvas rucksack, some Russian water bottles......getting ready for the retro nights out in the wilds....:)

Last edited:

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Looking forward to the weekend, I'll be bringing my air rifle. Wondering about going out for a hang tonight not sure yet....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi guys if all goes well I have pre booked with Swimbo the long weekend in august with you. The two prior, I have other commitments.

if you want to come up in the meantime to Hethel give me a shout and try and sort something out.

Roman solider we still have a shooting fest weekend to get done I have not forgotten!

have a good weekend next week.

"the smoke magnet"

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Right just got back from Town... been in Proctors again... more Biltong, Deowars, ans Stokies... :), with the dried fruit and and the Bannock that will do me for eat's next weekend :)

any how prices for the bits at the Meet

A Blue Peculator x 1 £12
A nesting set of billys x 1 £14
Single Leather pouches x 5 £3.50 ea
Double leather pouches x 8 £ 4 ea
Web tex head torch x 1 £11
Turbo Lighter x 1 £7
100% Small Wool Blanket 100 x 150cm £8

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi guys if all goes well I have pre booked with Swimbo the long weekend in august with you. The two prior, I have other commitments.

if you want to come up in the meantime to Hethel give me a shout and try and sort something out.

Roman solider we still have a shooting fest weekend to get done I have not forgotten!

have a good weekend next week.

"the smoke magnet"

Thats good Dave, I'll be putting up the details for the 4 nighter and the monthly meet after this meet, be good to see you :), hope things are well with you.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Looking forward to the weekend, I'll be bringing my air rifle. Wondering about going out for a hang tonight not sure yet....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OK No Problem, thanks for letting me know,

I would loved to join you, but some lady is taking me out tonight, so I cant ....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
What about bows n arra's for the long weekend

I am afraid that it will probably be a no...

The Air guns are only a Bonus Activity for regulars of the Suffolk Group, as I have previously stated in the postings, so will the Archery.

The Bonus Activity's will not be available to Non Regulars...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE