Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you Kev there's some great pics there, it just reminded me of the laughter when Dave showed his bunny, lol, I had a laugh when I saw it again.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have spoken to Alan at Orchards about a Chopping Block for wood, and he is going to supply one for us :).

I am thinking about getting a Larger Axe at the mo, something a bit larger then my hand axe... may be about 24" long and around 2lb

hi, nice to see the photo's thanks kev, should be able to make the 2,3 but will not be 100% till a week before, but it's looking good. later lads

Thats no problem ,be good to see you again,

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Has anyone tried these
uheqy6ap.jpg

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Following last weekend, and some of the comments from the attenders, I have emailed Orchards and requested the nights of the 1st and 2nd March 2013,

Myself I am thinking about going on Friday 1st and making it a two nighter so to be able to do a few things, try out new toys, try new ideas, and also maybe this time do a camp spoon which for some reason did not do this time... lol.

Experianced and newbies welcome...

Tree and Ground Dwellers welcome...

I am looking about a start time of about 2pm on Friday 1st March.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group, This time it was £1.50 each as we used just over a barrow).

It seemed that the Saturday Group Meal was well received, so will carry that on as well, This time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, with apple pie and Custard, cost of this came to £3.60 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but thats down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course photo's being taken is ok....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles are welcome.....

Also dont forget, peole do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

I you plan to attend then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and if you would like to stay the Friday (if we do the friday, as I would like to gauge the interest for that)

List of Attending

1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2.Whittler Kev - 2 nights (provisional) and group meal please
3. SJSutart - 2 nights (again, provision) and group meal
4. Paul Roman. Self catering, 2 Nights
5. Richard Stansfield - 2 nights - From Essex Outbackers

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Re the next group overnighter, just want to confirm I'm in for both nights.

Also, I'm going out on my piece of private woodland on Monday night. I know it's a weekday and all but if anyone's not got work and is up for a peaceful night (hammock or tent, there's plenty of room for both) give me a shout before Monday.

I'm mainly going out to test some new gear (as well as a new hammock and tarp suspension) but I might also do some filming.

Anyway, give me a shout if you're in. There's no fee or anything like that... a free night out.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
List of Attending

1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2.Whittler Kev - 2 nights (provisional) and group meal please
3. SJSutart - 2 nights and group meal
4. Paul Roman. Self catering, 2 Nights
5. Richard Stansfield - 2 nights - From Essex Outbackers
6. Rumcelt - 2 nights - group meal

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Guess who's bought himself a plasma cutter? Personalised forged stuff to follow me thinks :lmao:

Would you be willing to make some larger Figure 9's designed to take thicker cliping-rated rope (12mm dia)? ;)

EDIT: I wouldn't be using them for actual climbing, but rather to use climbing rope for holding static loads (such as my packs)

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Would you be willing to make some larger Figure 9's designed to take thicker cliping-rated rope (12mm dia)? ;)

EDIT: I wouldn't be using them for actual climbing, but rather to use climbing rope for holding static loads (such as my packs)
What are they (remember I'm a floor dweller). Have you got a link to some? As soon as I've seen some and had a practice it shouldn't be a problem. Sorry I don't know where to get titanium :ROFL:
Sorry for the thread jack folks :(

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
What are they (remember I'm a floor dweller). Have you got a link to some? As soon as I've seen some and had a practice it shouldn't be a problem. Sorry I don't know where to get titanium :ROFL:
Sorry for the thread jack folks :(

figure9.jpg

The ones shown there are designed for thin cordage (up to 5mm max). I'm imagining the exact same thing, just scaled up x2 (so 10mm cord perfectly, 12mm cord at a stretch)

No need to use titanium... aluminium or stainless would probably be more than sufficient. Feel free to quote me a price (officially let's just say "cost of materials" since I'm fairly sure figure 9's will be patented by someone and you don't want to get sued)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE