Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Following last weekend, and some of the comments from the attenders, I have emailed Orchards and requested the night of the 2nd March 2013,

Myself I am thinking about going on Friday 1st and making it a two nighter so to be able to do a few things, try out new toys, try new ideas, and also maybe this time do a camp spoon which for some reason did not do this time... lol.

Experianced and newbies welcome...

Tree and Ground Dwellers welcome...

I am looking about a start time of Midday.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group, This time it was £1.50 each as we used just over a barrow).

It seemed that the Saturday Group Meal was well received, so will carry that on as well, This time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, with apple pie and Custard, cost of this came to £3.60 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but thats down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course photo's being taken is ok....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles are welcome.....:lmao:

Also dont forget, peole do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

I you plan to attend then Paste and copy Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and if you would liek to stay the Friday (if we do the friday, as I would like to gauge the interest for that)

List of Attending

1. Big Stu -Group Meal - Friday

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks for invting us dudes. Remember all welcome next week at Norwich
Took some brill photos that I'll get on when the computer is running better;)
Glad I'm off work this week as I can hardly walk today (I ws struggling Sat and Sun to be honest) and can't make a fist with my right hand (now then!!!!) as the joints are so swollen but...tyg
Ready for the next one with 1/4 of the gear this time he he :bigok:

Your welcome Kev it was good to see you and Colin,
I look forward to seeing teh pic's.

Next time we will have to help you a bit with the kit, I would love to come to the Norwich meet next weekend but Ive got my Little ones, I will deff be making a trip up to the Norfolk Group.

Yourself and Colin are always welcome to join us at any time.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
List for 1-3 March meet

Also dont forget, peole do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

I you plan to attend then Paste and copy Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and if you would liek to stay the Friday (if we do the friday, as I would like to gauge the interest for that)

List of Attending

2.Whittler Kev - 2 nights (provisional) and group meal please

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Your welcome Kev it was good to see you and Colin,
I look forward to seeing teh pic's.

Next time we will have to help you a bit with the kit, I would love to come to the Norwich meet next weekend but Ive got my Little ones, I will deff be making a trip up to the Norfolk Group.

Yourself and Colin are always welcome to join us at any time.
Thanks again and for the offer of help. I may bring the trailer tent next time so its easier if the owner dosent mind. Hopefully Carl (who's Colin? :rofl::lmao:) will get as well

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
List of Attending

3. SJSutart - 2 nights (again, provision) and group meal for sure (Stu's Stew is awesome). Will give a definite soon as I've run it by the Mrs to make sure I'm not stuck on kid duty for one or both nights!

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I promised at the overnighter on Saturday that I'd upload some photos of my little patch of woodland.

Well, this certainly isn't all of the land, but I was there earlier today having a cup of coffee and a walk (with my dogs) so decided to take some pics of part of the place.

Enjoy :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I promised at the overnighter on Saturday that I'd upload some photos of my little patch of woodland.

Well, this certainly isn't all of the land, but I was there earlier today having a cup of coffee and a walk (with my dogs) so decided to take some pics of part of the place.

Looks good to me, we will have to have one of the overnighters there one month.....

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Looks great, look forward to a visit,

Last edited:

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
R. Big Stu -Group Meal - Friday
3. SJSutart - 2 nights (again, provision) and group meal for sure (Stu's Stew is awesome). Will give a definite soon as I've run it by the Mrs to make sure I'm not stuck on kid duty for one or both nights!
4. Paul Roman. Self catering 2 nights

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Following last weekend, and some of the comments from the attenders, I have emailed Orchards and requested the night of the 2nd March 2013,

Myself I am thinking about going on Friday 1st and making it a two nighter so to be able to do a few things, try out new toys, try new ideas, and also maybe this time do a camp spoon which for some reason did not do this time... lol.

I am looking about a start time of Midday.

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group, This time it was £1.50 each as we used just over a barrow).

It seemed that the Saturday Group Meal was well received, so will carry that on as well, This time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, with apple pie and Custard, cost of this came to £3.60 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but thats down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

And Fluffy Hot water bottles are welcome.....:lmao:

I you plan to attend then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and if you would like to stay the Friday (if we do the friday, as I would like to gauge the interest for that)

List of Attending

1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
3. SJSutart - 2 nights (again, provision) and group meal
4. Paul Roman. Self catering How many nights ?

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi, just like to say thanks for a grate overnighter, nice to meet new people and see diffrent ways to set up camp and do things. hope to make your next will let you know asap all the best carl, colin, etc :lmao:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
hi, just like to say thanks for a grate overnighter, nice to meet new people and see diffrent ways to set up camp and do things. hope to make your next will let you know asap all the best carl, colin, etc :lmao:

Your welcome, sorry about the Colin thing, told you I was bad with names, lol, I agree with you its good to see how other people do things, its a great way to learn, its the way I have refined the way I hang, and set up my camp.

Your welcome at the fire place any time

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Following last weekend, and some of the comments from the attenders, I have emailed Orchards and requested the nights of the 1st and 2nd March 2013,

I am looking about a start time of about 2pm on Friday 1st March.

The charge is £5 pppn.

And Fluffy Hot water bottles are welcome.....

I you plan to attend then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and if you would like to stay the Friday (if we do the friday, as I would like to gauge the interest for that)

List of Attending

1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
3. SJSutart - 2 nights (again, provision) and group meal
4. Paul Roman. Self catering, 2 Nights
5. Richard Stansfield - 2 nights - From Essex Outbackers

Last edited:

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Photos from the last meet.

e6a9y6ed.jpg
4eze5egy.jpg
e9uda5yt.jpg

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Now booked 1st March as well as the 2nd March at Orchards...

I will be arriving about 2pm, As I have to work the morning..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE