Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Welcome Back Mike, how was the Holiday?

Thanks Stu,
Holiday not bad, Cottage fantastic, out of back garden straight into some wonderful woodland. (Yes I did manage to spend one night in the woods and can report my under quilt works a treat).PICT0001a.jpgPICT0004.jpgPICT0005.jpgPICT0013.jpgPICT0042.jpg

Plenty of wildlife, Fallow Deer and Buzzards, all very close to the cottage.
The dogs had the time of their lives.

I will definitely do a least one night of the next meet all depends on what work comes up.
See you all soon.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Group meal list for the Group Meeting of 5th and 6th July 2013. Meal will be on the night of the 6th.

The meal will be my trademark Chicken Stir Fry (it's better than it sounds, I assure you) made fresh on the day. There will need to be two batches if there are more than 5 eating, but this is easily done as it doesn't take so long to make :)

Please copy this entire post and add your name to the list:
1) SJStuart
2) Big Stu
3) RemeaviThanatos
4) mitch66 Stir fry again please ��
5) tagnut69​

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Incase anyone is interested I have put up for Sale the John Riley 1186 Axe with a Mask and belt loop for £65... still got a couple more to do and want the room.. :)

Thanks Stu,
Holiday not bad, Cottage fantastic, out of back garden straight into some wonderful woodland. (Yes I did manage to spend one night in the woods and can report my under quilt works a treatPlenty of wildlife, Fallow Deer and Buzzards, all very close to the cottage.

I will definitely do a least one night of the next meet all depends on what work comes up.
See you all soon.

That looks a nIce place Mike...... it will be good to see you at the next meet,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am not out playing this weekend again, too much to do....

I wanted to start on an Axe Mask for my new Brades, I ve started a Sheath for a Mora Clipper for sale so may squeeze that in between seeing Kids, housework and seeing a lady :)

W

Last edited:

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi...

Got me new breach seal in now... hopefull be more the 3 to 4 flb....
Hi, Stu. Did you have any problems getting your old one out? They can be a pain. I've found if you warm your new one in a cup of hot water first, it can make it a lot easier it fit.
Your sheath looks very nice. how much was you asking for it? have you a picture with a knife fitted�� maybe on a belt then maybe modelled by a page 3 chick. Just a thought.
Simon, your long handle titanium spoon has arrived ready for our next meeting, have you found any replacement cookware? as I may have some you could try( totonka stainless steel )
I will bring some bits to sell / trade anyway
later lads off to the car boot now to buy more c--p

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi, Stu. Did you have any problems getting your old one out? They can be a pain. I've found if you warm your new one in a cup of hot water first, it can make it a lot easier it fit.
Your sheath looks very nice. how much was you asking for it? have you a picture with a knife fitted�� maybe on a belt then maybe modelled by a page 3 chick. Just a thought.
Simon, your long handle titanium spoon has arrived ready for our next meeting, have you found any replacement cookware? as I may have some you could try( totonka stainless steel )

Hi Carl,
I got me the Zebra "Lunch Box" (14cm) which I've tested out and I can cook 3 BitB meals at the same time (or a meal, rice pack and deseart).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

The Seal fell out in many pieces.... as it was so brittle, the new one slipped in as a nice tight fit... so we will see..

well I am asking £25 on the main forum, but for a SBCG regular member like yourself £20 of Her Majesty's most sort after shekels..

There's about £8 of leather, and it took about 2 1/2 hrs to make.... so I think that is cheap in most peoples eyes...

DSC_1025.jpg

I have not pushed the Mora in fully, its at tight fit at that point.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi,
i think the Zebra "Lunch Box" (14cm) is a nice size and ideal for our needs, i am trying the 10cm zedra for water and a msr 16cm seagull for grub on my wood stove. but i do like my titanium but i only use them on gas/meths/petrol coz im a tart.
:eek:

stu, well asking £25 on the main forum is a fair price, but for a SBCG regular member's £20 of Her Majesty's most sort after shekels.. is a very good price, for the old farts in the sbcg group:lmao:

£8 of leather, and it took about 2 1/2 hrs to make, im sure people will buy them at the meet if you bring it /them along
as the photo will never do them justice and the leather smell is awesome, well as far as smelly things go.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
hi,
stu, well asking £25 on the main forum is a fair price, but for a SBCG regular member's £20 of Her Majesty's most sort after shekels.. is a very good price, for the old farts in the sbcg group:lmao:

£8 of leather, and it took about 2 1/2 hrs to make, im sure people will buy them at the meet if you bring it /them along as the photo will never do them justice and the leather smell is awesome, well as far as smelly things go.

Well it will not be for long... lol... I made this one a different method.. but will be going back to the old way... but the offer will be for cash, and only for regulars... I can take commissions as well... :)...

I just been finishing off another Axe think this ones going to be my belt axe.. nice and compact, and at 1 1/4lb and being a Brades as well, nice and neat, so I thought I would try another type of mask.. now working on another belt loop as well.... On this one I've opened up the heel of the cutting edge by tilting the Helve away from the toe... trying to find a carving axe that suits me.. :),

DSC_1027.jpg

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It was me, it is a nice bit of kit. I have to dig out the sewing machine to make a bag for it and the 10cm zebra billy to keep my bergen clean, Tesco plastic bags realy dont suit.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
It was me, it is a nice bit of kit. I have to dig out the sewing machine to make a bag for it and the 10cm zebra billy to keep my bergen clean, Tesco plastic bags realy dont suit.

I could do with making one for the 14cm... I did notice a little Korma found its way onto the drybag for my wool blanket, and it can only have come from the lunch box :|

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE