Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I understand totally, I was not trying to get a reduced price, just trying to give a little back for the knowledge I picked up Friday.

I am hoping to bring the furnace to a Monthy meet some time so save the Gas for then, I just need to get my mate on side, so we can use it more.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If the group meal is on Saturday, then I am defiantly up for that, just let me know costs so I can bring along appropriate funds!!

Ok, will amend main post, the costings are on the main information post for this months meet, last time the meal cost was £3 for the stew and dumplings.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I posted earlier an updated attendance list to show that I'll only be able to attend on Friday night. My Mrs decided to take an additional night shift on the Saturday night without even bothering to check with me first (she does this a lot)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
2 Nighter at Orchards for the 5th and 6th April 2013,

Weather is now getting warmer so a good one to Test and try new and old gear ready for the summer season.

Confirmed with Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

All Welcome, Experienced, Newbies, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group) last time two barrows were used (£2 to £3).

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - Of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course Photo's and the Micky being taken is compulsory ....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles/slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

I you plan to attend then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :). I f I remember right someone did say they would like a go at spoon carving, so no doubt that will be on the list .

List of Attending
1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2. SJStuart - Friday Only
3. Rumcelt - Group Meal - 2 nights
4. Roman Soldier - Own Cater - 2 nights
5. Reamvi thantos -Group Meal - 2 nights
6. Mitch66 - Group Meal ? -1/2 nights
7. Mikesmith777 - Group Meal - 1/2 nights

I've added you Carl, think you said you were coming, but not sure how many days, do you want a meal?

Looking like a nice little meet again

Last edited:

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi Stuart,
Just confirming i'm having the group meal stew and dumplings on both nights cheers bud.
Also wondered if you or any of the crew have a damascus blank for the knife making date. Or if anyone can point me in the direction of where this type of blank can be got. Appreciate it.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Stuart,
Just confirming i'm having the group meal stew and dumplings on both nights cheers bud.
Also wondered if you or any of the crew have a damascus blank for the knife making date. Or if anyone can point me in the direction of where this type of blank can be got. Appreciate it.

Hi mate, the group meal is only on the Saturday, as for the damascus steel, I would put a post on the main forum, I do know that someone on her has stared to make it in the uk if I remember right,

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
2 Nighter at Orchards for the 5th and 6th April 2013,

Weather is now getting warmer so a good one to Test and try new and old gear ready for the summer season.

Confirmed with Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

All Welcome, Experienced, Newbies, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group) last time two barrows were used (£2 to £3).

There will be a Saturday Night Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - Of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course Photo's and the Micky being taken is compulsory ....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles/slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

I you plan to attend then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and how many nights your staying.

If there is any activity you would like to do, just add it to the list, hopefully someone will be able to help, or you could show someone what to do.. :). I f I remember right someone did say they would like a go at spoon carving, so no doubt that will be on the list .

List of Attending
1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2. SJStuart - Friday Only
3. Rumcelt - Group Meal - 2 nights
4. Roman Soldier - Own Cater - 2 nights
5. Reamvi thantos -Group Meal - 2 nights
6. Mitch66 - Own cater -2 nights
7. Mikesmith777 - Group Meal - 1/2 nights

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Can we start a bushcraft meet that also includes Simon teaching simple skills like kit etc and sorry for the in joke but how apt-get works. Or at least how the repos work.
Mix the two?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have just spoken to the hand warmer guy and will be picking up some hand warmers and spare rods tonight ready for the weekend... I'll bring them with me :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Stu,

As per text i'll have one and a pack of the burny thingies please. PM me the cost if you have time mate.

Right got The Jack Pyke Handwarmers complete with 8 Sticks, I got four of them, The sticks are Miltec not sure about them yet but will let you know, I can do the Hand Warmer kits for £6 each, pick up at a meet, once these are gone I can get some more if you guys in the group want any more.

1. ReamviThantos
2. Mitch66
3. Rumcelt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE