Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Stuart, forgive me for sticking my nose in! But if you guys do get a field trip to Dartmoor sorted, i would be more than happy to find you a woods to stay in and show you around my back yard/stomping ground!

Just a thought.

Atb

Ivan...

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I'm really bloody tempted! At least Dartmoor still honours our roaming rights (and a whole host of other rights going right back to the Magna Carta before successive governments stomped all over those rights).
Countless miles of woodland all around here in Suffolk, yet if you camp on it you're breaking the law. What a waste!

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
I suppose the land owners consider the impact of the not so welcome campers and are consequentially shy of giving permission to prevent an invasion, can't really blame them too much.:welcome1:followed by thirty caravans smillie lol.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I suppose the land owners consider the impact of the not so welcome campers and are consequentially shy of giving permission to prevent an invasion, can't really blame them too much.:welcome1:followed by thirty caravans smillie lol.

Not only Caravans......Take a look at what Paul found this time he went out... I have seen the same sort of thing.. so called Bushcrafter/wildcampers....?????

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100929&page=2 post 35...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
No worries, I'm up for whatever you guys want to go with I'm just up for meeting up and having a good couple of nights sharing stories and talking gear. Also as much as you SJS seem to be great in wanting to pay for group expenses, I'm more than happy to pay for my share. I'll keep checking the thread to see what is decided as I have no particular preferences as to location. Stowmarket is only fifteen miles away so for me that sounds nice.

Hi, You would also be welcome at the Orchard weekend 5th & 6th April, as would anyone..

2 Nighter at Orchards for the 5th and 6th April 2013, conformation from Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

All Welcome, Experienced, Newbies, Tree and Ground Dwellers.

I will be getting thee about 2pm on Friday 1st March.

http://www.orchardcampsite.co.uk/

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group).

There will be a Saturday Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Of course Photo's and the Micky being taken is compulsory ....

And Fluffy Hot water bottles/slippers are welcome.....

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

I have asked about the Archery, but Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, so it is a no go there, how ever we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

I you plan to attend then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and if you would like to stay the Friday

List of Attending
1. Big Stu -Group Meal - 2 nights
2. SJStuart - Group Meal - 2 nights (baring some terrible "act of God" or the apocalypse!

2 Nighter at Orchards for the 5th and 6th April 2013, conformation from Orchards. I thought it might be nice to get there on Friday night again as there will be more light as the clocks go forward - I am going straight from work, but arrival after midday is good.

The charge is £5 pppn.
There is wood that can be brought on site £7 per barrow - (cost divided amongst whole group).

There will be a Saturday Group Meal, Last time was a Beef Stew and Dumplings, cost of last time came to £3.00 each. (will try to keep to the same sort of cost...but that's down to how much it cost from the Supermarket....) - of course you can cater yourself if you require.

There is a Toilet Block (showers and toilets), open and water is available from Taps on the site,

Also don't forget, people do bring swaps and items for sale so a meet can be a great place to get some kit..

I have asked about the Archery, but Alan has said that there will be some other campers on site that weekend, so it is a no go there, how ever we can use a canoe on the river if anyone would like to bring one to go for a paddle.

I you plan to attend then Paste and Copy the Whole Post and place name on bottom of list, adding also if you require the Group Meal, and if you would like to stay the Friday

List of Attending
2. SJStuart - Group Meal - 2 nights (baring some terrible "act of God" or the apocalypse!
3. Rumcelt _ Group Meal -2 nights

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi, You would also be welcome at the Orchard weekend 5th & 6th April, as would anyone..

The charge is £5 pppn.

List of Attending

The charge is £5 pppn.

Will pay towards firewood and probably bring tent and tarp /dependant on weather.

List of Attending
4. RemeaviThantos- Venture the Group meals-2 nights (will attend after work Friday hopefully pm)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

The charge is £5 pppn.

Will pay towards firewood and probably bring tent and tarp /dependant on weather.

List of Attending
4. RemeaviThantos- Venture the Group meals-2 nights (will attend after work Friday hopefully pm)

It will be good to see you there RemeaviThantos.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
You too sir. And this weekend is in addition to or instead of any fun on the bank holiday do you know?

Yeah the Orchard ones are just a Monthly that I have started so we get a regular meet in a safe place as such were familys can join in as well, and have the showers and loo's as such, the rough/wild stuff, and visits to other groups we normaly do as and when, The one that simon was aranging was an extra to the monthly, I am still going out over the easter weekend, its just where... and who wants to come.. trouble is the more that come the less places that we have to go..

I know that there may be 5 or 6 of us that may want a weekender somewhere... I would suggest may be Rendlesham we know a good couple of spots

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I dont know where that is, have you got a grid referance?

Not at the moment, but I can get you one tomorrow on the school run (drive past them every damn day)

Actually... here's the place on Google Maps

The clearing you see there is where the gypsy camp is. They keep getting kicked off, and they keep coming back.

Interesting note: there were trees there before the gypsys turned up!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE