Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
I was a very good boy today and did all my homework for the weekend.
I managed to spark a fire with my knife and flint using thisle and dry grass. Then I went to work and made a bannock bread.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I was a very good boy today and did all my homework for the weekend.
I managed to spark a fire with my knife and flint using thisle and dry grass. Then I went to work and made a bannock bread.

Nice one.. now thats a new Idea Homework from a meet , lol

Nice one keep it up :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
New dates for meets up to September are up,

Including the Response Pack Challenge in September, and the Family Suff-MOOT :).. the extra dates to be confirmed with the Land Owner..

I have included a list for the Family Suff-Moot, Friday 25th to Sunday 27th July 2014 Provisional, if there is the interest at foot of the Thread on the Monthly Meet thread, please do the same do the list copy past thing in the meet thread and keep the Suff-Moot title above it... this will need some work for activities and things to do so help with that would be nice as well :), this will be the first one lets make it a good one :)

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well the RAT Pack arrived... now just got to pack for the night out....

Its been a while since I ate RAT, I forgot just how much you get in a 24HR one....... The challenge should of started on Friday night...

Well what a service from the seller.. ordered on the 27th Feb 14... message saying the one they had of Menu 19 was damaged received on Ebay 5th may at 15:23, answered message.... Turned up today.... 13 days after order.... estimated delivery given was 4th to 6th March.. I thought I better give him Three choices of replacement in order of preference, Menu 1, Menu 3, and Menu 9... I received Menu 9.. Glad I did not just give him the one...lol

Next time I better leave a Month to order one

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
That's good news that you have it for the weekend Stu.
I am going to the club on Saturday, Richard, Del and I are going to have a play.
Ozzy hows the quiver coming along?

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
At the mo there is only three of us doing the Challenge, Paul, Chris, and myself.....Paul has not said much about it, so I am wondering if he is coming now.... I may just cancel it and do it later in the year...Chris and I spoke about it last weekend, and we may just camp up at the Club, and have some play time with the Bows as well :)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hell yeah do that instead, I am trying to work out if I should get some new shafts for the primitive bow. Not sure if it is worth the time and effort as I am still playing around with different bows.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Sorry Guys I've Canceled the RAT Pack Challenge as I have now had a PM Apologizing that something has cropped up and An Attender cam not make it. Its a shame but hey ho that's life, and as only one other has confirmed interest then I don't think Its worth running.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Chris's Question on teh other thread

How did it go?

Had a very long in depth answer/question session with the Quality Manger and one of the Directors.... went in to most of my experience and the Industry's and what I had done within my wayward Carer, what disciplines I have covered, touched on what contractual experience I had had as a Project Manager and the size of portfolio I used to manage... funny for a Quality Role.. also asked if I would mind travel to different parts of the world... it was very a interesting interview and stretching at times but different to what I expected.. the feed back from the Agent sounds like I did well, but I await and see.... they are having a meeting on Monday to decide from what I gather..

Most important sound like its a place that I can make quick progress....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE