Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Yeah 582 or 588 I was thinking, I think I can do better with matched arrows that are also matched to the bow. Not as good a score as I would get with the GN bows I normally hit around the 700's but was at the end of the day very impressed with the wood bow. I think I need to either move my hand/arm over a small amount as the arrows were hitting left or use lower spined arrows to bring them in to centre. Seen some tonkin bamboo shafts that will do the job.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I was just thinking....

Yeah I know whats next......

Well think we all use herbs when we are are the Site... I am wondering if Bambi/thumper would have a go at any if we planted some things like the good old sage, basil, tyme ect.. so we could just pick them as we need them...I know we have spoken about Ransomes and planting that..

I like the idea of seeing if we can start to bring some things taht would be usefull to us into the Woods... :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
That was my thought, I did think about a box or two in the shed walls...be nice to try to keep things natural if you know what i mean.

I spose there is only one way to find out... :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yeah, last meet we saw a herd of about 15, and in December Chris and Vicky saw about thirty in a herd if I remember right

Saying that look what Turned up today..... :)

DSC_0237.jpg

An African Bambi Skin.. :), dont know which one tho, lol

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Na It was not, I got it from ebay it was £12.00, I should put it up on the forum and ask him what it is... :),

Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, I have thought about a nice Quiver, and a Matching Posibillitys Pouch, and if I got enough left a Matching Sheath for a Knife :)

Saying that it is nioce and soft to stroke :), and in a way it seems a shame to cut it up.. would make a nice mat in a Bell tent :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have ben busy yesterday and today making a new quiver, similar to one I linked to a few months ago, dearly wish my thread injector would deal with 6mm of leather.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have ben busy yesterday and today making a new quiver, similar to one I linked to a few months ago, dearly wish my thread injector would deal with 6mm of leather.

Nice one :), I just do saddle stich never used a threader....

I quite like the style of Richard's Beaver one, so may make one like that :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It is all being saddle stitched as my sewing machine would die just thinking about leather. One day I will get lucky and find a nice old singer leather machine at eh car boot for not a lot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE