Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
At this place we are meeting on the weekend of the 7th... What's the situation with fire wood?
Is there an abundance? Or do we need to bring stuff?

Stu, I sent you a message on Facebook, there is a woman in Needham Market who is letting this go to whomever can collect it.

ff3d00171c826c6707958b2a0c903e3c_zps374b514c.jpg

It's been there for a year, so some of it might be damp, but the rest will be good for burning. I have said I will collect it on the Saturday morning, but I'll cancel if there is plenty at the site.

Lastly... Will I need to bring a chair?

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
On that note... sort of..... now a wall has come down around the corner from the house after the strong winds, the owners have got a skip and filled it with all the bricks and I feel it's a waste of good red bricks. Can anyone think of what I could use some of them for?

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
There is alot of bricks, the wall was about 10 meters long and 1.5 meters high. I am sure I could find some that have next to none with cement on.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
At this place we are meeting on the weekend of the 7th... What's the situation with fire wood?
Is there an abundance? Or do we need to bring stuff?

Stu, I sent you a message on Facebook, there is a woman in Needham Market who is letting this go to whomever can collect it.

It's been there for a year, so some of it might be damp, but the rest will be good for burning. I have said I will collect it on the Saturday morning, but I'll cancel if there is plenty at the site.

Lastly... Will I need to bring a chair?

Wood is no Problem at all, :), and bring a folding seat we all do... no point in being uncomfortable :)..

Hedgecrafter

Nomad
Feb 23, 2014
Suffolk
Ok that's good. That wood looks like conifer anyway so we would all end up with sore eyes from the tar.

What about food? Do we just all bring our own or do we all chip in?
Seeing as I'm coming a day later I'll bring some fresh milk.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
That wood does look like the remains of a laylandei hedge, if you know anyone with a wood burner I reckon they would appreciate it.

As to food bring what ever you want, we have an open fire and gridle which i am sure you have seen in our photos from past meets.
Some times we will do a group meal, I dont know if we are this month though.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
As to food bring what ever you want, we have an open fire and gridle which i am sure you have seen in our photos from past meets.
Some times we will do a group meal, I dont know if we are this month though.

Yeah I ve posted about the meal in the Main Thread OP, I now put a list for up in teh thread as well.. Venison Stew :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE