Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Just saw you guys talking about primitive bows and thought I would mention that I finished my first Atlatl and dart set the other day. Took it over the local park yesterday for a test run. Works better than I thought it would. I'll try and put some photos up later but I'm not that clever when It comes to computers. Might have to wait to the weekend when my son comes round.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi Bud, Nice to see you in here, we have a few in the group that like to shoot the odd bow, lol, keep on thinking about making a atlatl, and a gypsy's arrow, but never seem to get round to it. it would be great to see the pics.. we like pics on here , :).

Stick around and join in :)

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi Bud, Nice to see you in here, we have a few in the group that like to shoot the odd bow, lol, keep on thinking about making a atlatl, and a gypsy's arrow, but never seem to get round to it. it would be great to see the pics.. we like pics on here , :).

Lol, You asked for it.

View attachment 28949 View attachment 28950 View attachment 28951 View attachment 28952View attachment 28953

These were at the 2012 moot, Wayne of "The Forest Knights" was running the course.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich

We will have to meet up for a lunch time drink Stu. I could give you some advice on making an Atlatl and dart. Not as hard as you think. Could even make you one bud. Sourcing
the straight bamboo for the darts was the hardest part.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We will have to meet up for a lunch time drink Stu. I could give you some advice on making an Atlatl and dart. Not as hard as you think. Could even make you one bud. Sourcing
the straight bamboo for the darts was the hardest part.

That would be nice, just a bit busy at mo, march is a no no with weekends what with meets/family/girl friend.. :)

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich

Sorry to bother you good people. Could someone tell me how to put pics on here? Please keep it simple.:)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Signed onto the shoot tonight, said ozzy should be there also so Del has penciled you in but you will have to confirm with him. Stu, ozzy and I will be in the same group. Said primitive but now have to look at my arrows and try and match some to the bow. I also haven't shot the bow for more than an hour so that could be interesting to see how it stands up..............

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Club shoot normally 4 to a group. Del said that he doesn't think it's us but someone kepts putting the lock the wrong way on the gate, so it is hard to unlock the padlock. Not a biggie but a pain. I man up and said it was ozzy........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE