Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
How long does a full burner go for? I know they are bigger than tbe civvie ones, this may restrict the choice for tne menu.

my civy burners do about 15 mins, but I just read somewhere that tatonka ones do 30 so I'm starting to suspect I'm doing something wrong with them.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Well been a nice morning, so got the bow out and tried to match some arrows to it. I have found a few that I will have to change the nocks on to make them right for the primitive class rules, then just have to get my eye in and all should be good.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have managed to fletch 6 of my arrows and havnt stuck my finger together so I guess I must be doing something right:)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
my civy burners do about 15 mins, but I just read somewhere that tatonka ones do 30 so I'm starting to suspect I'm doing something wrong with them.

Thats intersting, I do wonder about some ofthe manufactures claims about things, think I may fill up the SAT burner tonight and give it a go agianst a clock :

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I am going to try multi tasking, I have 6 arrows to fletch and I will fill the trangia (civvie one) and see how long it burns for

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
and I filled my trangia to about 6mm from the top, it took 2 mins to bloom, I suspect that there wasn't enough space in workings of it to make the vapour until some burnt out of the middle, but it did run for 30mins dead. as the army one is quite a bit larger I reckon 40-45 mins should be doable

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
If anyone is doing the rat pack challenge here is a link to the makers of the ration packs showing the different menus. Today I bought my rat pack off eBay for 0.99p + £6.99p&p it is in date and was an auction he does have more but are starting a little higher now eBay seller

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If anyone is doing the rat pack challenge here is a link to the makers of the ration packs showing the different menus. Today I bought my rat pack off eBay for 0.99p + £6.99p&p it is in date and was an auction he does have more but are starting a little higher now eBay seller

I ve just won a Menu 19 one for £2.50 + 6.99 P&P think the Veggy and Halal ones are 99p starting price...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just been playing with the SAT Burner..

Filled it right up to the top within 6mm of the top.. may be not a good idea as it took 12 mins to bloom...lol... think I had filled it tooooo much, but once it had Bloomed it lasted 49 mins until it went out... :).....

That really surprised me...... but they are larger then the civvie ones...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE