Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just booked in for the shoot on Sunday and I will be helping set up tomorrow too.

Yey good news Bud...:)

I was thinking about that this morning. I managed to make a nice tinder pouch last night and I was going to make some char cloth at the weekend. I'd rather make my own steel, but these ones do look nice.

Yeah they are nice, its nice to make your own I must admit.. :).. what you using for your cotton?,

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
42 guests looking at this page wow get us.
Ozzy not sure yet as I have to go pick up some corrugated roofing sheets for the new wood store sometime.
I've been trying to match some arrows to the bow....... not sure if it's me or just me. The arrows seem to fly well but just not at what I am looking at, shooting at the 18-1 target and I am hitting it,but all over it. Hhhmmm

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
42 guests looking at this page wow get us.
Ozzy not sure yet as I have to go pick up some corrugated roofing sheets for the new wood store sometime.
I've been trying to match some arrows to the bow....... not sure if it's me or just me. The arrows seem to fly well but just not at what I am looking at, shooting at the 18-1 target and I am hitting it,but all over it. Hhhmmm

That sounds a bit strange you normally have no problem at hitting that target, it bound to be something silly..

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah make sure they are 100% Cotton, :), I use old tea towels, :)

Some denim has other materials in to maker it strech taht not not work well :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have a bunch of new dusters and a golden syrup tinto bring next meet, the package said cotton but they did come from the pound shop so may not be.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have tryed some of the cotton dusters and found that they just srivled up in the tin, and felt plasticy so they must be a cotton blend... always worth a try tho.. you never know :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
If it goes bad its only a quid, would normally use tea towels but if I take any more my life wont be worth living, I do appear to have quite a few oily ones in the shed though:)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Yeah, I have no idea. Just used the Elm bow, all over the place, then the Ghost 3 in the kill, then 3 in the kill so closely packed I was sure I broke a nock off one with the critter gitter. Taking a break and will try and see how I get on in a while.

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Couldn't wait until next week :)
ere6enyq.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE