Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I was speaking to Chris today about the Article about the Butanise Bows... we wondered about seeing if we can make some at a meet :)... is that teh one you did Colin..

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am wondering about doing it as a Skill Share...... also may be some fletching :)..... end of day one bow and some arrows to shoot :).. we would need to find the Bamboo to use ect ect........

April is just around the corner, I'll be putting the post for that meet soon... Can some one suggest a skill share the Bows is just an an idea and if enough would like to do it... :)

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
We would need 4" to 5" dia x 4' long bamboo If split right we get two bows from the four quarters. We would also need bow strings. Tool wise, Rasps, needle files and draw knives. Also loads of Gaffer tape.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
We would need 4" to 5" dia x 4' long bamboo If split right we get two bows from the four quarters. We would also need bow strings. Tool wise, Rasps, needle files and draw knives. Also loads of Gaffer tape.

What length of bow string are they, bow strings are about £5.. we could make those as well....

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Lovely shoot today fellas, ive made the bamboo bows before, they never seem to make very strong poundage bows but work. I've a load of full feathers barred turkey that you could use as fletchings.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks Steve, We just need to get some shafts and Piles, and self-nocks can be made :), Think this would be a nice easy way that got people a bow to use then lead on to an Ash bow :)

I may suggest it as a Skill Share say for the may one hopfuly weather will be better for then :)... that will allow us to work out from under the shelter :)...

Who would be interested..as per normal copy and past this list :)
1. Big Stu

Still requiring a Skill Share for April..........Any Ideas and Takers :)

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Doing a bow build in May is a good idea as I am not going to make the April meet as we are going up north that weekend, but I do have permission to take a bag of kit along and bugger off to the moors for a night or 2:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE