Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
May need to sale on some other bows before getting any others, bushbow will be the next when it happens Stu. I am loving the fact that all my GN bows shoot the same spine and weight arrows. Do feel like I should make some more arrows for this bow, I have 20 shafts that I can use but thinking I may use a different colour wood stain maybe a two tone effect........

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
A bit of help required please,

The job I was supposed to be doing tomorrow has been unfortunately cancelled, my wife has immediately picked up on this and has said

"good you can take me into Ipswich and we can do some shopping"

I can't get out of this, so I have excepted my fate, my problem is that the last time my wife and daughter went into Ipswich, parking was an arm and leg, so those of you that perhaps go into Ipswich, where is the best and cheapest place to park? Knowing my wife we will probably be there most of the day, so long term parking.

Thanking you in advance for your commiserations and your help in this matter.

Last time I went in to Ipswich was just before xmas, once a year is enough for me. I used the car park behind Crown pools, I think it was a pound per hour........... I try to stay out of towns and cities.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
A bit of help required please,

The job I was supposed to be doing tomorrow has been unfortunately cancelled, my wife has immediately picked up on this and has said

"good you can take me into Ipswich and we can do some shopping"

I can't get out of this, so I have excepted my fate, my problem is that the last time my wife and daughter went into Ipswich, parking was an arm and leg, so those of you that perhaps go into Ipswich, where is the best and cheapest place to park? Knowing my wife we will probably be there most of the day, so long term parking.

Thanking you in advance for your commiserations and your help in this matter.

If you're okay with the trek, you could park outside Orwell Motorcycles down near the docks. You could park there all day and nobody would bat an eyelid :)

Also, done the math and the cost of parking in Ipswich is so high... it'd actually be cheaper to drop them off and drive around the outskirts for 5 hours ;)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Thanks for all your help guys, Its more than likely that we will use the Park and Ride, as that means we have no time limit,
as I said its clothes she is after, so not to heavy to lug around.

If only she hadn't been near me when I got the cancellation call, I could have made other arrangements for myself.
Its all good Brownie points for other things I want to do!!!

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Thanks for all your help guys, Its more than likely that we will use the Park and Ride, as that means we have no time limit,
as I said its clothes she is after, so not to heavy to lug around.

If only she hadn't been near me when I got the cancellation call, I could have made other arrangements for myself.
Its all good Brownie points for other things I want to do!!!

Thing is... wanting a day out in Ipswich is a lot like saying "I fancy a day out... let's go to Romford!" It's not exactly the capital of anything positive, is it?

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Thing is... wanting a day out in Ipswich is a lot like saying "I fancy a day out... let's go to Romford!" It's not exactly the capital of anything positive, is it?

Ipswich, Romford, Norwich, Chelmsford, doesn't matter where it is, the question is has it got SHOPS?

She didn't want to go to Colchester and picked Ipswich, who am I to argue.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I went into Ipswich last Saturday and used the park and ride by toys r us it was cheap and regular. I went to the shops you lads suggested, action outdoors I think and cotswold outdoors both very good shops.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Hi, paul. come on spill the beans what did you get from toys r us a new tent or plastic cook set? don't be shy.

You got me carl, I bought some crayons for my map reading and then went next door to mother care and got some nappies so I don't have to get out of my hammock in the night lol

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
You got me carl, I bought some crayons for my map reading and then went next door to mother care and got some nappies so I don't have to get out of my hammock in the night lol

Actually I did buy a plastic cook set the other day,
rypevare.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE