Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I am up for the 26th for a shoot, about the only day I got left this month to have a practice the week before the shoot :), sounds like a good bow there Steve... I's so got to see it go..... :)

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Evening all...... I know this is a bush craft forum and its bit off topic (for which I apologise in advance but it is knives sort of and I have no one else to tell) I watched a great documentary on youtube entitled 'sectrets of the Viking sword (2012) full' about the making of the sword obviously. from manufacturing the crucible steel ingot the way they think they would have done it years ago to the forging and inlays etc, I found it very interesting and thought some guys on here may too. worth a watch, Just wanted to share :)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Evening all...... I know this is a bush craft forum and its bit off topic (for which I apologise in advance but it is knives sort of and I have no one else to tell) I watched a great documentary on youtube entitled 'sectrets of the Viking sword (2012) full' about the making of the sword obviously. from manufacturing the crucible steel ingot the way they think they would have done it years ago to the forging and inlays etc, I found it very interesting and thought some guys on here may too. worth a watch, Just wanted to share :)

You should put a link to it in the edged tools thread, there would be quite a few who would be interested.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
The only downside to the bow is it is bigger and doesn't fold as slim as the critter gitter. Apart from that I need to put better wool balls on the string...........

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
The only downside to the bow is it is bigger and doesn't fold as slim as the critter gitter. Apart from that I need to put better wool balls on the string...........

I must admit thats what I do like about teh Critter Gitter, it seems to do everything :)...

Just needyou to get a Bush Bow and find out what tahts like :)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
A bit of help required please,

The job I was supposed to be doing tomorrow has been unfortunately cancelled, my wife has immediately picked up on this and has said

"good you can take me into Ipswich and we can do some shopping"

I can't get out of this, so I have excepted my fate, my problem is that the last time my wife and daughter went into Ipswich, parking was an arm and leg, so those of you that perhaps go into Ipswich, where is the best and cheapest place to park? Knowing my wife we will probably be there most of the day, so long term parking.

Thanking you in advance for your commiserations and your help in this matter.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Oh thats not good news....

Sorry I dont know the parking costs in Ipswich, as I walk in, it takes me about 15 mins stroll, think he ones down the docks are the cheapest. what sort of time you going to be wanting parking?

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
A bit of help required please,

The job I was supposed to be doing tomorrow has been unfortunately cancelled, my wife has immediately picked up on this and has said

"good you can take me into Ipswich and we can do some shopping"

I can't get out of this, so I have excepted my fate, my problem is that the last time my wife and daughter went into Ipswich, parking was an arm and leg, so those of you that perhaps go into Ipswich, where is the best and cheapest place to park? Knowing my wife we will probably be there most of the day, so long term parking.

Thanking you in advance for your commiserations and your help in this matter.

Mike,

Used Cardinal Park at Xmas, arrived at 10ish and wife wanted to shop all day so to stay till after 3pm £10!!!

We should have gone Park and Ride at Copdock, shopped and then done Tescos on way out, £2 adult return.

Had a good bacon roll from wagon outside Debenhams!

Enjoy your day!

Kevin

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Mike,

Used Cardinal Park at Xmas, arrived at 10ish and wife wanted to shop all day so to stay till after 3pm £10!!!

We should have gone Park and Ride at Copdock, shopped and then done Tescos on way out, £2 adult return.

Had a good bacon roll from wagon outside Debenhams!

Enjoy your day!

Kevin

Cheers Kevin

I didn't know where the Park and Ride was, and as I will probably be coming in from that end it makes sense to use that from Copdock.
Thanks for the heads up on the bacon roll.

She wants to go shopping for clothes, my best type of shopping trip!!!!!!

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
It sign posted from copdock and tescos otherwise the Spiral carpark in civic drive is up to 4 hrs £5 up to 6hrs £7 plus football is away at millwall tomorrow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE