Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Let me know if anyone wants (next year, a bit late this year) feathers for their fletchings, my uncle has a turkey farm and ends up with bags and bags of feathers after slaughter, so let me know.
I'm going to try dying feathers this xmas see if it makes them easier to find after.

Where are you off to? I love archery. Need to get back into it.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I did not put up the pics of the bits i made for Mike.. here they are Hope you like :), A nice sheath for his Clipper and an axe mask and Belt loop for it. :)

2013-10-20 16.08.52.jpg2013-11-24 12.39.27.jpg

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Let me know if anyone wants (next year, a bit late this year) feathers for their fletchings, my uncle has a turkey farm and ends up with bags and bags of feathers after slaughter, so let me know.
I'm going to try dying feathers this xmas see if it makes them easier to find after.

Where are you off to? I love archery. Need to get back into it.

Yeah, you can get Turkey feathers that are coloured and still have the pattern on, but as I say harder to find in the undergrowth,

We are members (Steve, Chris, Miguel and myself) Oakwood Bowmen at Rendelsham, the club has a range with perm 2D targets and regular shoots with 3Ds.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thank you Bud.. I try....

I got tooo many projects to get done.. Just picked up an old copper bed pan, for cutting up for something I got in mind..... :), to complement my Boonie gear :)...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
been looking at tinder/candle holders.... so thinking a bit of Tinkering may happen soon...

Thank you Colin.. I will also let my landlord know you like the carpet :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I know whatyou mean about too many projects, I have about 6 axes, an adze, a bunch of chopper type things all requiring new wood and leather work, also got a few old bits of furniture needing restoration.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
lol... yeah in my list is
3 axes to helve
1 Adze to refurb and handle
1 Small Crook Knife to handle
1 Clipper to de-handle extend the tang to full tang and then scale
1 Stag handled necker to refurb, and make a sheath for
1 file knife to finish.. last one took two years..lol.
1 copper project now......

the list grows.. so glad I got my String Ball Balls and my new arrows done today. its a good job that I cant afford that Apache Canoe yet.....

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
also if anyone has an old axe head that needs restoration I do need an axe! Don't have one :p

The ones I have I have done the refurb, just got to helve them

Car Boots are a good place to pick up axes ect.... saying that my fav one is the £4 one from tool station, once I had got a good edge on it it works great :)

When I get an old rusty one I like to use Molasses to clean the rust off :).

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
yeah i really need a car :/
Do you ever feel like you never have time to do anything? Car boot, camp whatever, I feel like my life is hectic as hell!

LOL... time is what you make it, lol, I tend to make time for things I want to do, life/work balance and all that, I only have one main hobby now ... Bushcraft.. everything now work around that...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE