Suffolk Bushcraft Group

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Just split my left thumb on the crook knife, but I've just made another wooden spoon out of Cherry this time (turns out one of the cherry trees came down in the recent gales, so I've begun harvesting useful lengths from it... which is ideal as the limbs are so straight it's hard to find sections that aren't great for carving)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
My first time carving cherry wood. The photo doesn't properly show the tapered handle shape (looks a bit odd at this angle) but I was experimenting with something different this time :)

DSC_0646.jpg

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice one Simon, the cherry I ve carved has had grain running in all directions and splits easy, I got about 5 spoons I have got to finish... may well be bring them to teh meet.. :)

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Hi All,

Had a good result, postie got chrimbo deliveries in and have new kit to play with over Xmas;

1. Pressie
2. Pressie

will be putting together and testing ready for jan meet!

Kevin :sleeping:

P.S.....................

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
well after work today I went to Periss Archery, and picked up 4 off 11/32 #55 to #60 splined wooden shafts, and some Orange and yellow 4" fletches...

NOw just got to make some new arrows..

I ve now got 16 Days off work... so Chris, Steve, Miguel, if you fancy a few hrs down the club.. I am up for it :)

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry tried to reply last night but my phone hates forums. Keeps closing the keyboard on me!

I am 21, I don't have a car or a means of transport.
I live in Hadleigh, a stones throw from Raydon, Suffolk
I like to make things, a lot. I might put some project posts up soonish.
I really need a camp out, I don't care if I'm cold! 3 nights (saw that meet up thread) is a bit much for me though, unless it means lifts there and back.
I can use public transport as well to get to places people might be able to give me a lift, can help with a bit of fuel monies too if needed.

I have very basic kit. I'm poor as hell, but I so far have gotten by with a standard tent, sleeping bag, mat and a hexi burner/messtins, and my trusty opinel! I tend to spend my money on nice wine (be nice to your liver, make those units nice units!) and train tickets to see my better half in Norwich when I'm in uni at Brighton; ain't she lucky.

Hoping to have refurbished a little axe too soon,
I'm yearning for a hammock and hoochie, I love hammocks, I sleep like a king in hammocks.

I graduate and plan to move norfolk side of border in late summer
I'm not a morning person.

Anything else you want to know about me? :D

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE