Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just a reminder to those that would like to bring Air weapons and Bows.. please make sure that they fall with in the paramters set in the main Opening Post of the Meet thread.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I know Chris said he was going to bring this Air Gun Targets when we spoke on Sunday, and I think I can find a sheet for a Catty back stop :)...

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Ozzy you should see if Miguel wants to sale his bow that is the same as yours but a 45lb, may work out cheaper and you know what you are getting for the price?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Steve that is a good idea, don't know why I didn't think of it my self, I do like my bow and I know I will grow in to a 45lbs bow soon enough.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Don't suppose you could approach the landowner about perhaps taking a wood pigeon or two?

At the moment I not asking to do any other shooting/hunting/traping..I think we have asked a lot over the last six months and would like the relationship to grow further,

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
If the farmer offered I would have not problem with helping him out with pest control, bit it would require appropriate insurance, and to say I am rusty is an understatement,

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I've got a 12 bore and 20 bore that'll **** them rabbits off lol. Sorry Boys apres ski calls, currently getting ****** in avoriaz with uni students oops this may be messy

Hi everyone,

First post here,

I am new to the forum and a bit of a novice in Bushcraft but I have had an absolute yearning for it since I can remember. My dad once bought me a Ray Mears book when I was tiny and I think I've read it more times than any other book!

I was looking for a place where I could talk to/meet up with like minded people and learn from more experienced people about Bushcraft, and learn more Bushcraft skills.
One of my main problems is the lack of places to go to! I just want to be able to go somewhere and have a fire overnight and sleep, do my thing and head home on the odd weekend you know?
Is there any events coming up? Anyone fancy going for a camping trip locally?

Thanks
Tom

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Carl is also bringing some of His targets and his Chrono to the meet so the Air Guns muzzel Volicty can be checked.

Please see Opening Post for deatils of Airgun and Bow requirements,

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hi everyone,

First post here,

I am new to the forum and a bit of a novice in Bushcraft but I have had an absolute yearning for it since I can remember. My dad once bought me a Ray Mears book when I was tiny and I think I've read it more times than any other book!

I was looking for a place where I could talk to/meet up with like minded people and learn from more experienced people about Bushcraft, and learn more Bushcraft skills.
One of my main problems is the lack of places to go to! I just want to be able to go somewhere and have a fire overnight and sleep, do my thing and head home on the odd weekend you know?
Is there any events coming up? Anyone fancy going for a camping trip locally?

Thanks
Tom

Hello and welcome to the Suffolk Group.. and of cause BCUK..

As you can see we are quite active group, with a good bunch of Guys and Girls :),

Lack of places are a thing, there is not many that you can do without stealth.. and when some one has a place they very rarely share it with someone new.. due to obvious reasons...mainly abuse of teh area/site, which oils it for the others.

we meet every month with a monthly meet, you've prob seen teh other suffolk threads, I managed to get apermision in the west of Suffolk, last may and the site is growing..

How old are you, as we you have to be 18 unless you have an Adult with you at a Suffolk Meet/Event agian for obvious reasons..and of cause you attend at your own risk.

Best think I can say is if you an get along to a meet, start to chat get to know people.

Regards

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Did I see a post by Miguel on here, cannot see there now?
It's on my email notifications that he posted at 7:28 today but its not here, hhhhmmmmmmm.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE