Suffolk Bushcraft Group

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
What bow is it Simon?
A very cheap wooden bow (probably made in China) with absolutely no branding what-so-ever that - back when I bought it - just had a barcode on a sticker on it and no packaging at all.
Do you have any arrows for it?
Nope. If I remember rightly, the last of those I stripped to the shaft and used in place of a dowel rod for a poorly-fitted CD spindle ;)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I would nail it to the wall and smile every time you see it and buy a new one sjstuart. You can come to the club as a newcomer before you join also.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I would nail it to the wall and smile every time you see it and buy a new one sjstuart. You can come to the club as a newcomer before you join also.

I thought you had to be signed off to shoot tho?

Or at a taster session

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Stu I know a few of the club members 5 or so years ago were thinking about buying border bows and when they got in touch with them, were told that they could come up for a weekend and try out all their bows on the 25 3D target course they have before buying, that may be a good weekend away?

Last edited:

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
I've never shot a bow before, well not a proper one only what we used to make when we were kids and shoot mums bamboo canes with a sharpened point. I think there is a club at Raydon Airfield near the Farm and I've always thought about having a go but I don't have time to do the hobbies I've already got without adding more......... I live a sad life really............ work sleep work sleep work sleep.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I've never shot a bow before, well not a proper one only what we used to make when we were kids and shoot mums bamboo canes with a sharpened point. I think there is a club at Raydon Airfield near the Farm and I've always thought about having a go but I don't have time to do the hobbies I've already got without adding more......... I live a sad life really............ work sleep work sleep work sleep.

Was the same way for many years... finally burned out and decided that in order to be more efficient by day I have to enjoy my life more by night (or, in this case, weekends and whenever an opportunity presents itself)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu I know a few of the club members 5 or so years ago were thinking about buying border bows and when they got in touch with them, were told that they could come up for a weekend and try out all their bows on the 25 3D target course they have before buying, that may be a good weekend away?

Now thats a thougth.. :) may be worth a try :), but it is scotland.... !!, lol may be a weeks road trip with some other activities :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

The Raydon one is a shop with a Range, not sure there is a club there tho, saying that to me shooting a set distance all the time is a bit borring, lol.

As a shop its also got strange opening times, I've been up there and its not open a couple of times, I heard a few people say the same... also very expensive...

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, i would like to see your bows next time if you bring them along to the meet, i bougth my take down bow last meet, but left it in the car. i have not used it for 2/3 years and only bought it for a bit of fun at lunch time down the airgun club.
simon i was weak bought a light in a bag could not help myself. but the tablets have kicked in again and i should be ok for a week of two.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE