Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hey yeah Toby that wold be goof for a incinerator at the woods, a lid off one would be great, can you cut some hole in the bottom of the side a few inches up for air flow as well please :), of course when you got one available :)

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Hey yeah Toby that wold be goof for a incinerator at the woods, a lid off one would be great, can you cut some hole in the bottom of the side a few inches up for air flow as well please :), of course when you got one available :)

Yep no worries, I could weld some legs on it too to keep it off the ground a bit and I've got a giant tin opener so I can cut the lid off leaving no sharp edges which would be a bit safer.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Yep no worries, I could weld some legs on it too to keep it off the ground a bit and I've got a giant tin opener so I can cut the lid off leaving no sharp edges which would be a bit safer.

Don't suppose you could use this awesome-sounding giant tin opener on one of my three? I like the idea of not having a sharp edge to contend with, and the burn chamber tank won't have a lid (why have two layers of steel between the fire and the water when you can have just one, right?) :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Do we really need a 200l incinerator, the shed is already pretty full and we dont have the thunder box installed yet.

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Don't suppose you could use this awesome-sounding giant tin opener on one of my three? I like the idea of not having a sharp edge to contend with, and the burn chamber tank won't have a lid (why have two layers of steel between the fire and the water when you can have just one, right?) :)

Yep. no worries, will sort all Monday morning.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I was just thinking that it allows us to burn rubbish easy, and not have to wait for the fire we would just say to people burnable stuff only then that rubbish will fill up then it just a case of lighting it on the last morning, saves putting rubbish on the fire last thing then having to wait for it to burn

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
On more than one occasion rubbish has been left hanging from trees or in peoples pitches, which Stu and I have had to dispose of after everyone else has left.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I think on the whole most do carry out their rubbish , we get the odd bit left in the fire, and some times the odd bit of other rubbish, left hanging from trees and pitches, that was due to lasyness and I trust will not happen again,

I am just wondering that even if the odd beer/ bean can does get left there then its safe as such in the bottom of the Drum, the Christmas meet we did say burnable only in the dust bin ,and if I remember right that more or less what was in there.

OK the Christmas meal created a large amount of rubbish, and a one off event, I just think its a handy thing to have,

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Na someone left a can tied in a tree a few months back after shooting at it, a few things have been left on pitches, a wine bottle has been left,

I know who did most of the things as they are a real give away when and where they hapen....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE