Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Sweet, I'm sorted now, just received my 7" speed clips, snugpak sleep mat and Pretzl Head torch with red filter so I dont blind people again LOL........ Ready for the weekend now. Happy happy

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Sweet, I'm sorted now, just received my 7" speed clips, snugpak sleep mat and Pretzl Head torch with red filter so I dont blind people again LOL........ Ready for the weekend now. Happy happy

Awesome! And I just got my new surprise toy which I'll be testing out this weekend before the Xmas meet :)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
After cutting my hand on Sunday attempting my first spoon, I thought I had better get back on the horse and this is my first effort.
jedagyju.jpg
still needs alittle more work, but I'm happy.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
But you didn't slice your hand open in making yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't be so sure of that, mate ;)

Sliced into the knuckle on my left index finger with the carving knife.
Took a chunk out of my left thumb with the crook knife (which has left a scar but otherwise is healing nicely)
Pinched a nerve in my right index finger (at the middle knuckle) so much it is badly bruised and the tip of that finger has no feeling what-so-ever (still).
Sliced the tip of my right middle finger (along the side, behind the nail) with the tip of the crook knife

I'll grant you, though, the nature of the cuts are pretty laughable... it's just because I've been keeping the knives razor sharp, so even a gentle brush against the skin results in a papercut-esque bleeder.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich

Good news about the delivery's :)

well I been digging in my kit... and looks like I may even be going back to the good old mess tins this weekend, and the Hexi is coming out as well... not used the Mess tins for about 30 years... :)...

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Thanks Stu,
the hand is getting better, well strapped up, had to have the last two days off, but now getting a lot more movement with my fingers, so back to the grind tomorrow.

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Good spoon Mike. What wood is it, spalted Ash

Thanks Colin, not sure of the wood,
I picked up a couple of logs in the area that I tried out the Lavvu and tarps. They had been there for a while so yes it could be ash, as there were a few Ash trees about, and as I have just looked up spalted, spalted ash is what it could be. I still have a couple of lengths if you would like one?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE