Suffolk Bushcraft Group

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Thats going to be a pain.. and keeping it dry....

Not a bad Idea :), we normally finish setting up about midday :), so some time around that... I am wondering about looking for a different clearing this time :)

Ok do you want to give me a bell when your finished and I can meet you at the beginning of the track if you like?

SeanI

Forager
Sep 18, 2013
Suffolk
Setup my Hammock and Tarp in the back garden, "primarily" to setup my Snugpak Underquilt so that I will hopefully be toasty warm at the December Xmas meet.

Anyway I couldn't pitch my DD XL tarp the normal way (long edge parallel to ridge line) so had a go at see if it would work the other way. Pictures below show how successful or not this was, couldn't peg so tarp is a bit loose.

Last edited:

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Thanks for the link Mr Soldier and SJS

I have nothing booked for next weekend so was going to head over to the spot in rendlesham I first went to with Stu and you guys when I was ill (LOL) unless anyone knows a better place in the rendlesham area for testing. Was thinking about getting an early start Saturday morning as I am not sure how this new set up works and reckon I would struggle like hell in the dark if I went Friday Night, then spend the day having a play with some tarp set ups and maybe cook some lunch stealth like and generally have a play with some kit etc. I want to get familiar with everything before I go out and have to set up in the dark.

I want to get totally sorted so I know what I'm doing for the monthly meets. If anyone would like to join me, the company would be nice. If my sleep mat turns up this week from Outdoor GB, and I am happy with my set up, I might stay out Saturday night and wander back Sunday morning.

Count me in, buddy! I'll send you my number again by PM (it's been a long time so I doubt you'd remember it... we've even moved since then anyway) :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I have just been pushing our search for the best home made Pop Corn....to be made over the fire at night times

I tried to made a Spicy toffee out of Molasses and honey.....

NA IT DONT WORK... next....

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I have just been pushing our search for the best home made Pop Corn....to be made over the fire at night times

Couple of months ago I did popcorn with a banana syrup (made using molasses and demerera, with - of course - a couple of bananas mashed up in there). Was delicious!

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville

There is only one thing to have with pop corn........ BUTTER !! real proper butter mmmmmmm

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
now I can live with that....

I did a toffee one with honey on its own, and that worked... I am next thinking a Scotch toffee one.. may try that next :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
mmmmmm I like Cinnamon doughnuts........

Chilli chocolate is nice as well......

Thinks..........Chilli Chocolate Pop Corn........ :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE