Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu, had a great night out, testing my new winter stove I bought as it heats up the liquid gas as it goes

Bet you boys are getting excited, I tried talking the wife into moving her birthday but she's not having it, even offered her my spare hammock lol

Good one, been a busy weekend for me, I just finished the new Sheath for Mike...:). and had a visitor yesterday. now got to catch up with housework, lol...

I've seen those gas stoves before, myself not a fan of gas due to experiences in the past, but they do have their place, and very convenient that's if you don't mis-calculate gas usage.. :). I am thinking about getting one of those small £4 from ebay for use on day trips with a very small pack. and something to sling in the car.

Yeah I think the excitement will soon start to show on here, it will be a good experience in cooking a large meal over fire as such in a Bushy environment, not many chances for that :), I am afraid the closing date has gone for the Dec/Christmas meet now.. so no longer open for attendance.

Should be a good one.. :) next year looks like it will be a good one with all the activities going one, and with all the Skill Shares... loads to do and learn.. as well

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Originally Posted by roman-soldier
Stu, had a great night out, testing my new winter stove I bought as it heats up the liquid gas as it goes

Bet you boys are getting excited, I tried talking the wife into moving her birthday but she's not having it, even offered her my spare hammock lol

Hi Paul,

Have the same cooker myself, impressive performance with the pre-heater and the spider legs are great for stability compared to balancing atop a gas cylinder.

Would I go back to Trangia?? I have a Trangia & Swedish army one but to go back to meths, especially in winter:confused:

Be good as a titanium version but a hefty cost.

Good pics from a good weekend, do like your innovative approach on re-designing gear Dragons' Den beckons!

Kevin

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu that little stove that little stove I had with me a couple of weeks ago was one of the cheap jobbies, imported it cost around £4.50, the can of gas cost more, but that was the 250g. The 100g gas cans and the stove fit in side the Alpkit mytimug http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16256&category_id=283, which I have on the Christmas list for day trips

Yeah I noticed that you had one, and it seemed to do the job well.. I know someone else that has one and they keep it in their panniers on the bike in case they want a cuppa.. :)..

For the price and the amount of times i would use it.. as you know I tend to use a flask.... its just another weapon in the quiver, saying that if I am out on a walk I tend to take a Hexi stove...

Hey ho for £4 its worth a punt.....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Saying that I keep on meaning to try my Multi stove out with Gas.... I have the fittings for that :)... its a monster with unleaded :).

That makes me think got to get some panel wipe...lol.

May just get a small canister to try it.. lol

Still like petrol for winter use tho...

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
Thanks for the link Mr Soldier and SJS

I have nothing booked for next weekend so was going to head over to the spot in rendlesham I first went to with Stu and you guys when I was ill (LOL) unless anyone knows a better place in the rendlesham area for testing. Was thinking about getting an early start Saturday morning as I am not sure how this new set up works and reckon I would struggle like hell in the dark if I went Friday Night, then spend the day having a play with some tarp set ups and maybe cook some lunch stealth like and generally have a play with some kit etc. I want to get familiar with everything before I go out and have to set up in the dark.

I want to get totally sorted so I know what I'm doing for the monthly meets. If anyone would like to join me, the company would be nice. If my sleep mat turns up this week from Outdoor GB, and I am happy with my set up, I might stay out Saturday night and wander back Sunday morning.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Had a bit of a result with those cheap arrows I have, went out this afternoon, shot about 6 or 7 dozen at my target, at different ranges and really surprised my self at how well they performed. I was actually getting groups rather than just hitting the thing:). If I can manage to shoot a few dozen during the week I will be a happy boy.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks for the link Mr Soldier and SJS

I have nothing booked for next weekend so was going to head over to the spot in rendlesham I first went to with Stu and you guys when I was ill (LOL) unless anyone knows a better place in the rendlesham area for testing. Was thinking about getting an early start Saturday morning as I am not sure how this new set up works and reckon I would struggle like hell in the dark if I went Friday Night, then spend the day having a play with some tarp set ups and maybe cook some lunch stealth like and generally have a play with some kit etc. I want to get familiar with everything before I go out and have to set up in the dark.

I want to get totally sorted so I know what I'm doing for the monthly meets. If anyone would like to join me, the company would be nice. If my sleep mat turns up this week from Outdoor GB, and I am happy with my set up, I might stay out Saturday night and wander back Sunday morning.

I am over at Rendelsham on Sunday at a Field Archery shoot... I wonder shall I spend a night out as well... mmmm... I'll prob pop over during the day to say hi....:)

mikesmith777

Nomad
Feb 17, 2013
Clacton on Sea
Had fun this afternoon starting to make a spoon
qy3asehu.jpg
unfortunately my hand slipped. Only an hour in MIU.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
If you are about and want to stay out sat night, then I will too, sleep mat or not. Would be good to catch up.

I am tempted... lol, In away it makes sense...... my just have to hammock it :)... thinking about it I am over there helping to set up Sat Morning anyway :).

Iambosscat

Nomad
Mar 11, 2013
Ipswichville
I am tempted... lol, In away it makes sense...... my just have to hammock it :)... thinking about it I am over there helping to set up Sat Morning anyway :).

Well I will be there, I've just asked the missus to give me a lift to the beginning of the track in the morning then I will walk in from there.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Not to bad, only steristrips, but got to keep hand dry for 10 days and restrictive movement for a while. May make the second fix I'm meant to be doing tomorrow a problem.

Thats going to be a pain.. and keeping it dry....

Well I will be there, I've just asked the missus to give me a lift to the beginning of the track in the morning then I will walk in from there.

Not a bad Idea :), we normally finish setting up about midday :), so some time around that... I am wondering about looking for a different clearing this time :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE