Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Not had the chance to get in the shed this week, Charlie has had a stinker of a cold, Hopefully Monday when he is at school I can get out there and test them out in the garden.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
would of been sooner if I did not keep starting different pages and confusing people, lol

Hopefully next year will be busier then this year with a few more extra meets.. so far

RAT Pack challenge - March
Boone challenge - May

What with talks about Will Lord, Game Prep, and a family long weekend.. and that's on top of the Monthly Meets

:) :) :)

I can see a few more appering.. that should keep us busy.. :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well looks like the Skill Shares are being picked up, we have Jan and Feb sorted, I was wondering if some one would like to pick up a Fire Laying and Starting one for March... to cover tinder's, build's, methods of starting, which woods to burn ect ect..

I am looking forward to the group growing in all ways, and learning new things, think the one I am most looking forward to is the Boone :).

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Ozzy why are you re nocking the arrows? If you have taken the lower nocking point off your string you should be good to go. If they are too long just use a flame to heat up the heads and you can pull them off, then cut them back to the right length and glue the heads back on........

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Cromm I took the lower nocking point off the string, tried the cheap Chinese arrows and the self nocks are too loose, I might be able to squeeze them to fit but they are very shallow, around 6mm. The points need changing, they are massive, not weighed one yet but will be well over 150 grains.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Chris.. I would shoot them first to see what the arrows do first before changing the piles... just incase the weight compliments the spine of the arrow :).... think I a right in saying that the pile weight can effect the Parradox, in the way it can help balance out the wibble ( technical term...lol). no doubt Steve will slap me if I am wrong.. :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have shot one or two and to say their flight is loopy is an understatement, the points are at least 150 grn and as you have seen a lot wider than the shafts which are 5/16. I think I will experiment with 3 , after all they don't owe me anything.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE