Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Thanks to the guys replying about First Aid Certs.... it just helps other to know who is First Aid Training that is in date.

So Far that have an in Date Cert

Big Stu - Emergency First Aid..
Mike - Emergency First aid at Work.
Jjessup - One day first Aid course (Canoeing).

I did wonder about speaking to the Bury St John and seeing if a One day Emergency First Aid course, aimed at Bushcrafters. Could be run for us at a Monthly Meet, whats your thoughts about that for one of the meets of course when the weathers warmer..

Myself I think First Aid Training is a very good thing to have :)

On the Friday night of the next meet it would be good to have the little chat as we did at the November Meet... I would like to bring the following to the Pow Wow.

• Skill Share Subjects for March, April and May Monthly Meets
  • Weekend by Will Lord - Flint Knaping
  • Game Prep Session with Land owners Stalker

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have been looking at the st John s website, they do do an emergency basic sort of thing, when I looked the nearest place running the course was in Harrow, Colin would be alright. The first aid at work jobbies are over £100 per person.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I know that some companys will come to you to do a course, if you have enough people ie a group of six and split the cost :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It would be good to have one in the woods, cant imagine st John's or red cross wanting to get there kit muddy though.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It's a pity that course inst run near ipswich. I will have to look at the red Cross, just around the corner from the st John's place.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
I'm planning on doing some walking and wild camping around East anglia, I know I have spoken to a couple of you about you own experiences, I'd really like to know some routes and ideally a few areas where it's quiet enough to spend the night without being roused by beaters or shot by the hoi poloi. I have found a couple of mentions on sites about circular routes along the coastal regions which would be great.
I'm also cutting the kit down and trying the ultralight route for no other reasons than its a challenge and I've got a bad back.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Stu, I like the idea of a first aid "primer" in the woods... though it'd be particularly useful to get a primer on "wilderness" first aid (at least from my perspective) since it is tailored more to the kinds of injuries one might sustain when working in the woods.

My refresher course is booked for mid January (it's the EMT course, and I'm going to refresh memory, learn anything they're doing different now over what I was taught a decade ago, and to renew my ticket)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
I'm planning on doing some walking and wild camping around East anglia, I know I have spoken to a couple of you about you own experiences, I'd really like to know some routes and ideally a few areas where it's quiet enough to spend the night without being roused by beaters or shot by the hoi poloi. I have found a couple of mentions on sites about circular routes along the coastal regions which would be great.
I'm also cutting the kit down and trying the ultralight route for no other reasons than its a challenge and I've got a bad back.

You might the Snape circular walk (the "North Walk" as it's sometimes called by locals). It's not the biggest walk in the world, but has a good overnight camping potential in a woodland once you get over the marshes (don't worry, the walkway is on top of a kind of levy, so you won't be trudging through mud up to your neck). I've spent a few nights in that woodland and it's been very quiet. There's no hunting permitted there, so no beaters/shooters to think about. Not seen any signs of chavs boozing it up in there either (probably because it's quite a ways from anywhere)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE