Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Made a mini kit hammock, a copy of Carl's Mitch66 with partitions,
a5e7y4eh.jpg
a3ygu2yb.jpg
I just need to get out now and try it along with the DD 4x4 Tarp and Damascus knife.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Got the date for my course, 12th and 19th of October, just so happens that the Robin Hood country show is on at the Suffolk Show ground the weekend of the 12th, what do you think the chances of coming away with out a new toy will be:)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Stu you may want to check on if you can shoot by yourself at the club, the rules may have changed but it used to be there had to be two of you there just in case of something going wrong.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Got the date for my course, 12th and 19th of October, just so happens that the Robin Hood country show is on at the Suffolk Show ground the weekend of the 12th, what do you think the chances of coming away with out a new toy will be:)

SOunds good mate, i think some toy may well, be purchased there, and with some practice, you'll be at the Nov Shoot?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
All being well I should. Just remembered that one of the golf courses I go to also has an archery range, nothing fancy but target practice none the less.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
All being well I should. Just remembered that one of the golf courses I go to also has an archery range, nothing fancy but target practice none the less.

Thats the point, Practice is practice.. :) which golf course is it?, but saying that when I get they key I can practice for nowt.. :).. I am just itching to get out and playing, I did think about going up Periss on a lunch time as its about 5 to 1o mins from were I work... but hey id rather be out side :)...

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stu you may want to check on if you can shoot by yourself at the club, the rules may have changed but it used to be there had to be two of you there just in case of something going wrong.

Yeah there should be two there, but it seems like there are a couple of the people that will arrange to go regularry, one guy just live aroubnd the corner and alsways is looking for a patner...

But saying that no doubt you could find Chris and I taking the chance to camp down there regularly :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Stowmarket golf course has an archery range next to the driving range, which is handy as I play there more than most as it is in the next village from my parents. I can feel an expensive Christmas list being made this year

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Stowmarket golf course has an archery range next to the driving range, which is handy as I play there more than most as it is in the next village from my parents. I can feel an expensive Christmas list being made this year

lol, always expensive....

Thats handy, bit out my way tho, lol butmay well have to join you one time and visit it... :)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Are you guys doing the boon challenge this weekend? I would like to get out but prefer to hang normally. How's about I do "base camp" with all the associated luxuries. Maybe others would like to join me, any thoughts Stu?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have not been to the range at the golf course yet, it isnt anything special but for a few arrows after a round of golf it will be fine:)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Are you guys doing the boon challenge this weekend? I would like to get out but prefer to hang normally. How's about I do "base camp" with all the associated luxuries. Maybe others would like to join me, any thoughts Stu?

Sorry mate its being kept as a Boonie weekend, The next meet will be the October Monthly meet,

Last edited:

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Been reading all about the new bows and archery related items on here got me to thinking I should buy a new bow, then I had a think and the little voice in my head that sounds just like the wife said, you have lots of bows do you really need a new one? Why don't you make some arrows up that are matched to the bows and see what happens.......
So sorting the shafts out, cutting in self nocks, stripping down some wild turkey barred feathers and bashing some sinew. Lets see what I can get up too.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Been reading all about the new bows and archery related items on here got me to thinking I should buy a new bow, then I had a think and the little voice in my head that sounds just like the wife said, you have lots of bows do you really need a new one? Why don't you make some arrows up that are matched to the bows and see what happens.......
So sorting the shafts out, cutting in self nocks, stripping down some wild turkey barred feathers and bashing some sinew. Lets see what I can get up too.

LOL, the voice of reason.... opps sorry the wife...., thats one of my next things along with a every growing list... make some arrows... :), along with a bow, I think frist a flat bow,then a long bow :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE