Suffolk Bushcraft Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Yeah I saw that I know I was taking to some one about him , cant remmeber who it was, and it was who was faster was it the red head woman or Lars.. I reconded it was him as she uses a qiver and that would slow her down.. too many movements over distance as such.

Na its food for thought.... and quite interesting, I may well onday start to read and put that book on my list , lol

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Can people please only use the monthly meet thread for the Monthly meet only..

It will save information for that meet getting mixed in with just rubbish and other chat and info

Thank you for your help in this matter :)

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well.. just been playing in the Garden with the bow.... now I got to order some more Nocks...and I have lost a few piles as well... hey ho.......

Just reliased I must have a rouge arrow as well, as it just does not want to go where most the others go.. lol

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
That's it blame the equipment :lmao:

LOL.. I just was waiting for the first one to say that...:lmao:

I did shoot it a few times on its own and it does seem to go to one side for some reason...lol

Shot a bout 120'ish arrow through the bow this morn... so was bound to get some damage, most of the on a sheet of A4... so quite happy with that... I know the gardens not that long, lol

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
So your garden is what one or two meters long? He he. Try and turn the arrow around so the cock feather is against the bow and see if it shoots any better. Have the nocks and points just popped off or broke off? Give me your address and I will send you some nocks and points are they 11/ 32s.

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
it about 15M from were i stand to the target....

I'll try that and see what happens,

The nocks are broken off, lost one pile, and got the others, I am going to get some as spares as they are always handy to have, I also want some spare fletchings and some other bits.

Thank you for the offer, most appreciated :)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Night out Colchester went well, I got to try my new dd 4x4 Tarp with special movable tie outs I made from contact lens holders. The Damascus knife made an appearance too, mostly to cut my venison steaks
pe5e7yby.jpg
I also made this A frame seat with my saw. Based on an old jungle A frame bed that I've used eons ago.
y9u6u8u5.jpg
udypudyj.jpg
eta8abe9.jpg

FioFO[/QUOTE]

FioFO

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
5e5yhy6y.jpg
and here's one I made earlier, 24 years earlier, 'A' frame bed with mossie net, note the talc around the foot of the uprights to keep the ants and other nasties off. I wouldn't mind trying this style of sleeping again, it's easy enough to do. It was Belize Jungle warfare course.

FioFO

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Back from the Boonie weekend, great weekend was had with a great bunch of lads, Images and a report on the Suffolk Boonie thread :).. I was nice to do some proper wild camping , and I cant wait till the next one :)

Nice one Paul, thank you for showing

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Here are some of the spare 3d targets I have if the group would like one? Some will need a bit of a fix but mend and make newish. Let me know.

I have asked The land owner about leaving 3D Targets up in the Woodlands and he has no problem with it at all, so looks like we have a go ahead with them :). so if we can sort something out that would be great , Thank you :)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Let me know what one you want and I will pick it up and sort it out. I would say the boar was made to take high poundage bow and arrows and one of the deer need some work on it but shouldn't take much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE