Suffolk Bushcraft Group Daniel Boone Challenge 20th and 21st September 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I looked at trade hawk but its a pipe hawk and that I'm not sure about. Seems like a lot of weakening to me.

Interested to see how you get on with the cold steel one as that was my original choice too.

Pipe hawks look cool but as you say not convinced on the strength

Yeah I am thinking the same, but........ I can get the Trail Hawk and the Svord form Heninne, at the same time... :)

Been wet forming my Sheath for my file knife tonight so got that to play with over the next few days, finished off the knife itself tonight... it different but I like it.. will post pic when its finished.. very plain with little shape

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
I am going to order mine tomorrow I think.. may get a small 1ltr Dutch oven as well, I want one any way.. :), but that may have to wait....

new toys toy many wants.lol

You got a link to a small dutch oven? Always fancied one but all way too big for me. 1-2 litre would be a far better size.

Cheers :)

Yep pics of your file knife please.

That's on my list of things to do too, just finding the time

more books-
The hunters of kentucky by ted franklin beule a history of the colonisation of kentuky-Mr Boone was very involved with this

Life of Daniel Boone by Lyman C draper-biography of Boone

American colonial ranger, the northern colonies by Gary s zaboly-illistrated lightweight read of rangers such as rogers rangers not quite boone time period but a lot of long hunters served, some good pics of kit/clothing/typical food stuffs

War on the run by John F Ross-biography of Robert Rogers-fascinating read,

Journals of Robert Rogers of the rangers- Robert Rogers own diaries of his military career, interesting reading

Enjoy folks

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
They also do a two... be good for cooking a small portion of bacon and beans :)

one is on my list but think I may run out of money this month....

Big Stu 12

Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Well done it purchased a Trail Hawk... and a Svord Peasent in wood.. Last purchase this month.... unless I sell more items..lol

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Some interesting stuff like the furniture ect. think better is available for your money, and I notice loads is made to order or out of stock, but thank you.

indeed

it was moe for the ideas

much better to make your own stuff - its more inkeeping with the period anyway

unless you can barter for the things you want ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE