Stuffing a boars head

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Can anyone on here stuff boars heads :) ,i maybe getting some for xmas (by product not presents) and would happily go halfs (they will be free) with someone who can stuff em,i can tan hides but im not sure i can do a head,the same also goes for the hides,i will have some of those as well erm while im on the subject there will also be deer hides.
So who wants free hides ? :D

Earthpeace

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2006
France
I have taxidermy lots of animals pine martins, owls,pheasants and deer heads. Unfortunately I,ve never done a boar head because I find them too difficult.
I tanned a boar hide once, it was so fatty it took hours of fleshing. Then it turned out quite stiff.
If I remember rightly you have to paint the inside of the skin a dark colour so you can not see want you've stuffed it with because as it drys the skin go's see though.
Good Luck anyway :You_Rock_
P.s I,d love some deer skins but unfortunatly I'm in France so I will have to wait until deer hunting starts over here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE