Stove cooking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sawyer

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2010
somewhere
just curious if you guys tend to just use your stove when on an actual hiking/camping/bushcraft trip or does it get used to cook the evening tea!?

Lately I have found myself opting out of the wife's cooking to instead go off to some remote local spot to use my hobo stove to make my own tea! She's beginning to think I'm strange, lol.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've done some veggie extras on the Honey Stove once when we were having a bbq, one of the wife's veggie friends is a bit OCD about meat touching her food.

Every now and then I either use my stove or make a small cooking fire in the back garden under the pretense of 'testing my kit' or (my personal favourite) 'teaching the kids'.

Either of the above is seen through immediately and SWMBO rolls her eyes and delivers a great impression of the guy from Shaun of the Dead with an emphatic 'Gaaayyyyy.......' and wanders back inside.

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
well maby i use hexi stove at ngith in the back yard to brew a cup of coffee or maby rice but amin coffee, have a fire to cook stuff under the terms'' testing my fire kit" then no one ask question ^^

Kink141.jpg

Kink142.jpg

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I sometimes use a larger model Primus stove but only if I don't have enough rings on the stove to cook the meal I'm making. I also have an Optimus 111 in the garden to make a brew on.

If I left the house and home food to cook on a Bindlestiffs Kocher I doubt I'd have the nerve to return home.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE