Stoping Smoking HELP PLEASE

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
I quit about ten years ago and did it through a combination of cold turkey and finding something else to focus on, which was decorating a bathroom. We weren't allowed to smoke at work and so by being really busy in the evenings dampened my "need". It wasn't easy though.

Good luck

Paul

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I know its a fairly old thread but...

I really do hope your still quitted.

YOU have to WANT to [not to say others can't motivate you].

I gave up 4 years ago [wife said she'd leave me - sure as hell motivated me], yea still get the 'craving' for one even now. But take the time to be rational and realise it's actually not that nice a thing to be doing. Apparently the physical addiction last for a few days, then it's pshycological [far harder to get over]

Something I read in a book somewhere:- "quitting lasts forever". A good thing in this case.

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
Champix did it for me. I finally kicked a 37 year habit three years ago. A lot of people complain about the side effects but I didn't experience anything disagreeable. The only trouble is I've put on three stone. My waist size has shot up from a respectable 32 to a whopping 38.

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I quit 15 years ago when my 8 yera old said on enight out of the blue when I had light up - "Daddy do you know you are killing yourself". Bloody made me think and i gave up BUT

I am still a nicotin eaddict and cannot even try one or I'll be back smoking. Its adrug and any addictive drug is hard to come off.

Take each day as it comes.

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
Go and get some help. There is loads of help available out there, a whole group of 'Smoking Cessation Advisors' exist within the NHS. Honestly, you don't have to do it alone.

monkey spanner

Forager
Jul 4, 2010
kent
Quitting smoking is easy..I've done it many time's.
The hard bit is to stay smoke free.
In the end I went to the "quit smoking nurse" at my local G.P's.
I was put on "Champex" tablet's, they suppress your craving's in your head (something like that..)
You carry on smoking as the tablet's slowly get to work,then one day you realize that you haven't smoked all day.
You MUST finish the whole course.
They give you some strange dreams as a side affect but the end result is worth it.

Remember that if you find it to hard, get down to the quit smoking nurse, she is there to help, with a wide range of method's & lot's of encouragement.
Good luck with your quitting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE