Empty Van?, Help requested in Medway, Gillingham, Maidstone and Aylesford Week 10

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
This is a request for Moving packaged supplies from Donation Hub to Distribution Hub, Not actual donations Please.

Please DO NOT ask for Help On Facebook.

Please use word of mouth.

I contacted Midkent college today and received an email from camilla who is organizing logistics for supplies they already have.
They are turning donations away because they are full. I am not sure How much they have in supplies to move, I will find out tommorow.
I have a Van now and will be doing runs tommorow to establish routes and info and will update here.

Hi Jason,
Yes I am in desperate need of transportation to a warehouse in Aylesford from our Medway campus urgently before more next week.
Can you help?
Thanks
Camilla

If you have a Van which can be loaded quickly and know chatham, maidstone and aylesford I will be working all weekend moving supplies.
I don't know anything else apart from it needs to happen as the HGV will be leaving early Week 10.

From Camilla:
The generosity of the people of Maidstone and Medway is incredible
❤️

The drop-off points for your donations to support people in Ukraine are currently FULL and we need to pause for a moment to sort and box your donations for shipping before we can accept more.

Please don't be offended, but we now need to refuse any further donations that arrive at our sites until space is cleared.

If you, or anyone you know, have boxes that can be used to pack and ship donations then these would be gratefully received at either campus.

We'll let you know when we're ready to take donations again, but in the meantime - you're awesome - thank you.

If you have questions or need to get in touch about this, please email Camilla.Maurice@midkent.ac.uk

Thanks

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
The warehouse will not be open over the 5,6 weekend. Camilla will need help from monday 7th until the trucks are fully loaded . Please email but be patient there are a huge amount of requests to deal with.

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
So today, was actually productive despite every plan made going wrong. The van I intended to use failed the MOT on some serious chassis problems which the lads are fixing. But This gave me time to approach some friends of friends and got them in touch to move some of the boxes to the dist hub. Unfortunately camilla couldn't get help from the warehouse to stay open at the weekend and the truck has been delayed by some paper work snag, however the current volunteers from Gillingham and Maistone colleges have made a fantastic effort getting to where they are now.

As far as I know these Donations will be the last next week as the colleges don't have the resources to continue sadly, perhaps the knowledge can be passed on to someone else who can take over.

Thanks to anyone who was considering helping out and hopefully other opportunities to help will arise.

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
For anyone Looking to Help still, I don't have confirmed instructions as yet, But I am very sure that :
The campus' Donation Hubs at Gillingham and Maidstone start work at 0830 until 1730 Monday to Friday.

The distribution Hub in Aylesford Is :

TPS Global Logistics, Unit 2, Larkfield Mill, Bellingham Way, Aylesford ME20 6SQ
Open from 0830 to 1600 Monday to Friday. (needs to be confirmed)

(I don't know what the drop off details are and how to actually do it as yet)

Update:
I found out that approx 120 boxes were moved on Friday 4th March and that there is a significant Number still left to move, guessing at around another 200-250 at combined donation hubs. I believe they are trying to use a standard size box and here are some photos

Good Luck

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.08.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.08.00.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.09.36.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.09.36.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 0
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.09.58.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.09.58.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.10.10.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.10.10.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 1
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.10.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-04 at 09.10.40.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Update 2015 07/03/22

Moved 150 boxes to TPS today. as far as i know the truck could be leaving wednesday 9th.

here's a youtube vid
which is approx 1/4 of the total amount that will go to poland, slovakia, moldova. Still lots to move from maidstone and gillingham.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE