Stainless Nalgene bottles in the UK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'd really like one, but I'm having problems finding a UK distributor. I've found a couple listed on Amazon UK, but at £20 + £10 postage they're a little steep. Anyone know where I can find one at a reasonable price?

0808_nalgene_standard.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Give Lurch a shout at Lakeland Bushcraft, if he doesn't have them in he'll definitely be able to get you one. I had one of the Guyot Backpackers off him a while ago but then preferred the Gsi Duckjug as it worked better with the H2jO coffee filter.

I think £20 is the going rate for a stainless 1L bottle, it's the p&p you need to check, I think Lurch's post is about £3-4

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks for the suggestion guys; there are some good bottles there. I'm going to have to keep looking though. I recently retired my milbank bag in favour of an MSR Miniworks water filter. The Nalgene bottles screw straight on to the filter, which is why I wanted one of the stainless ones.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
The one in the photo looks like a guyot and my nalgene lid doesn't fit mine - I just checked.

Are you sure Dougster ? cos with nothing better to do I checked as well and my Nalgene lid seems to fit both standard and backpacker Guyot bottles

I got mine via Lurch and they are quality kit. The Kings of water bottles
Don't buy the Chinese ones as they are cheap; but have a lining in them so no good on a fire
Might be worth putting a wanted in Classifieds as someone may have one they don't use

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I had a look on Lakeland yesterday, but there wasn't anything similar, but having Googled Guyot this morning there was a link to Lurch's site. I'll PM him later on and see if he can help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE