St Georges Day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
ehm... reckon you're making more of this than is necessary. st andrews day passes pretty much un-noticed and the only reason st patricks day is so famous/popular is due to the excessive drinking.

so the moral of the story is if you want it to be popular you need to dye your pints white with a red cross and keep drinking them till pink explodes from every orifice.

Sounds like a plan to me:)

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
We should have an International World Day, where the whole planet takes a day off to celebrate that we are all the same people, with the same hopes, dramas and grievances. When that day comes, our species will really have achieved something incredible.

If this didn't involve wearing naff T-shirts, compulsory hugging & drinking vast quantities of booze, it gets my vote

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I was attending a mates stag night last night round the old town centre Every pub we went in had a George Cross hung up, There were people in fancy dress Mostly dressed as English Knights, It was a great friendly atmosphere.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
We should have an International World Day, where the whole planet takes a day off to celebrate that we are all the same people, with the same hopes, dramas and grievances. When that day comes, our species will really have achieved something incredible.
:35::35:
Never heard that idea before and what a wonderful idea it is.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Seriously, y'all need to relax. I was in Cornwall yesterday and have just driven back up to Edinburgh with several stops on the way. Believe me when I say that you guys make waaaayyyyyyyyy more of St Georges Day than we do of St Andrews day (which isn't a Scottish national holiday). Everywhere had the St George cross fluttering but nobody really displays the Saltire up here just for St Andrews day.

I also saw a great amount of national pride in England, I think most decent folk know how to differentiate it from tribalism and racism. If you're worried about coming across as tribal, maybe you need to reflect on the way you communicate your national pride.

St George the 'dragon slayer' seems well worth a song and dance - more than St Andrew 'the preached a lot then got hung'.

:)

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
I don't really know anything about St. George but a friend of mine organised a big celebration in the centre of Newcastle on Saturday and apparently it went really well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE