Spring North Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Razorstrop

Nomad
Oct 1, 2005
North West
and by the way, its called a North meet because its in the North, doesnt stop the people who are dwelling in the South coming up for a look, theres already a few..........so make it a few more, be good to see everyone

Mr Strop

H

halo

hello mr strop could you put me down provisionally so long as theres somewhere
to hang my tarp and hammock.

paul(halo) :)

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Please pencil me in for this one though i will confirm a little later once i know if SHMBO has any other plans.

I will be tenting unless i can be converted to Hammock/tarp between now and then, got the hammock....just got to get over the price of tarps now:eek:

Pete

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Pete,
You can buy a really cheap tarp on ebay. Just to see if you like it. Thats what I did for my son until he got a 3m square one from Outdoorcode. The cheap one cost about a tenner.
Ian.

hammy

Forager
Sep 28, 2004
Pegswood, Northumberland.
Peds you could try your local diy/gardening shop and get a cheap plastic tarp with eyelets for next to nowt,
They are heavy and heavy duty but do the job.
I'm busy connecting garden lights under one at work at the moment. :cool: :cool:

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Thanks for that i'll get a cheap one....will you still talk to me if its a camo pattern...dpm seem to have a bit of a stigma attached to it...don't know why :confused:

Pete

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
What are the requirements for venues, if any ?
I would be interested in holding some events or activities at some of my Parks and Woods in the West Lancs area.
I would also be interested in hearing from people who do workshops/demo's as we hold some good events and are always looking for interesting and unusual ideas.
We also hold some interesting walks, primarily aimed at novices though.
Sorry for jacking the thread slightly, i would love to come, but dont think I can make this one :(

Mark

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
ill be up for that as long as i can thumb a lift with goose again, and graham_s i think youll find i won the maya dust but i did cheat and mix it in with birch bark :nana:

Lurch

Native
Aug 9, 2004
Cumberland
www.lakelandbushcraft.co.uk
peds8045 said:
Thanks for that i'll get a cheap one....will you still talk to me if its a camo pattern...dpm seem to have a bit of a stigma attached to it...don't know why :confused:

Pete

Nuthin wrong with DPM fella.
I think some folks don't like it as they don't want to come across as a Walter Mitty wanna be Rambo type. I don't really care as I love cammo patterns and am not fagged what folk think.

JimH

Nomad
Dec 21, 2004
Stalybridge
I'll be canoeing the Caledonian Canal on an ORCA trip.

Back on the 29th, though, so will try and manage a flying visit if I've still got any dry kit...

Jim.

M

Mooney

I think i can make that, ill be bringing a mate if thats alrite. ill confirm closer to the date but the friday and saturday night is a definate. i might have to leave on sunday morning for work.

when will the site be booked?

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
peds8045 said:

Pete
I wouldn't be able to come as I'll just be coming back from Scotland that weekend but I can lend you a basha if you're not fixed up....let me know

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE