North Meet **** Logistics **** Read me!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
OK, this was posted on the other thread. :welcome:

shaggystu said:
just noticed this thread and me and SHMBO would love to come along but we're kinda struggling for to get there, so this is me begging for a lift! anyone passing anywhere near to chesterfield (M1 J29) is there any chance you'd be able to pick us up? we're fairly well behaved, promise not to hang out of your windows and drool down the sides of the car! anyway, if someone could help us out i'd really appreciate it, if not then no worries, we'l make it to the next one no doubt.
thanks in advance,

stuart (and gemma)

Has anyone been able to help out here?

I only have a van so not enough seats but if anyone can help it would be great.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
I PMd them a couple of days ago with a slight possibility of a lift, but haven't heard back from them.

Jun 28, 2005
Preston
Wayland said:
Ok a new thread to bring together some important information for people attending.

The site is Fisherground in Eskdale. OS map OL6 ( English Lakes SW sheet ) Roughly NY154003

The site fees are:

Adults: £4.00 Children: £2.00 Vehicles: £2.00 Gazebos: £2.00 ?

We will be paying our own individual fees. If aditional fees are required for group working areas, donations will be sought.

The site is as booked as we can get it. We will not have exclusive use of the site but they know we're coming and they know theres about 45 of us.

The dates we have discussed are 28th October to 31st October (The site closes after this date and we all need to be off site by 11.00am Monday.)

Bear in mind I have not been able to see this site, I am working on recommendations and conversation with the owners.

Debbie and I will be on site from Thursday evening, look for the Red Vito van and either a tarp or a white canvas tent.

Fisherground is a family site and they have a strict rule about noise after 10.30pm.

This does not mean we all have to be in bed but it does mean conversation around the campfire does have to be quiet .

It is possible, though unlikely, that we will be alone on the site at this time of year in which case this rule may be relaxed slightly.

Also things have changed since the website was produced. The farmer who owns the adjacent woodland is no longer happy for people to forage over his land.

Although we may not be able to forage for much firewood the site aparently sells good sized bags of logs for about £3.50 The local garage sells logs too as does a local "woodsman"

Chainsaws are not allowed on site and all firewood must be cut to a reasonable size before burning.

The site has a small amount of woodland of it's own, access to the river and the fells behind the site are public access.

The area that may be suitable for hammocks is descibed as a bit scruffy with loose rocks and gravel about, but we should be able to camp fairly nearby.

Available hammock space sounds limited so it would be wise to have a "Plan B"

We cannot create any fresh campfires, only use existing ones which should not be a problem.

Scruff is organizing a group cook up for one evening. :deal: If you want to partake you should PM him and let him know if you have any dietary requirements ASAP

The latest list of people coming as posted by Scruff is:

Wayland + 1
Goose
Graham S
led + 1
bloodline
outdoorcode
Razorstrop
Eric Methven
Bumblebee
JimH
scruff + 2
morch + 2
Grooveski
Scout
redcollective
Scally
running bare + 1
Big Geordie
big lizard
bike thing
Spoony + 1
gaz_miggy + 1
JoshG + 2
Emberglow
peds8045
twelveboar + 3
bilko
Halo
Hammy
wanderingstar + 1

shaggystu +1
Simon waites?

45 confirmed, 3 maybe's

There are some useful reviews of Fisherground on a site found by Stevec here

Well worth reading.

We will be out of contact from Wednesday onwards. Apparently, like much of the Lake District, there is absolutely no mobile phone signal on the site.

In emergencies the nearest hospital which has an A & E dept. is in Whitehaven. The clinic in Cockermouth does not have a casulaty dept or Xray etc.
I know that your co-ordinates are only rough but when I entered them into Memory Map the location I got was in the Irish Sea about 4km from the shores of Seascales.
The co-ordinates that I have are NY 15307 00091. God help any geocachers!

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
simonthwaites said:
I know that your co-ordinates are only rough but when I entered them into Memory Map the location I got was in the Irish Sea about 4km from the shores of Seascales.
The co-ordinates that I have are NY 15307 00091. God help any geocachers!

If it carries on raining like this it might still be in the Irish Sea! :D

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Group Meals Update:

Saturday: Curry and Daal (daal will be veggie, curry probably not)
Sunday: Stew (ham shank, lentils, celery & carrots)

We (Scruff and I) could do with a couple of volunteers prepared to help out for 15 mins or so with veg peeling/chopping, wood fetching etc (test out your knives and axes!).

As asked before, anyone with any special dietary needs, please shout. AFAIK, both dishes are likely to contain onions (and garlic in the case of the curry).

Jun 28, 2005
Preston
Wayland said:
Just checked The grid ref against my OS map. Still looks good to me.

What datum have you got your GPS set on?

Not got my laptop connected to the GPS so am using the Memory Map software alone but when I typed in the co-ordinates I found myself in a sea of blue! Your updated co-ordinates appear to be accurate!

Jun 28, 2005
Preston
Still uncertain as to whether or not I'll be able to get back from Yorkshire to this gig, will make every effort, however if I do turn up I am a first aider who works with St John Ambulance - Lancashire just in case you need any further first aiders.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
led said:
Group Meals Update:

We (Scruff and I) could do with a couple of volunteers prepared to help out for 15 mins or so with veg peeling/chopping, wood fetching etc (test out your knives and axes!).

As asked before, anyone with any special dietary needs, please shout. AFAIK, both dishes are likely to contain onions (and garlic in the case of the curry).

my stomach is rumbling already! ;)

mine is 'reasonably' Wayland friendly (ie. no onions....but lentils yes...sorry)

led - am off to asian supermarket tonight to get cart load of chappatti flour. oh n i PM'd you :)

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
led said:
Group Meals Update:

yeah can we have leeks instead of celery please :cool: celery= :eek:

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
spoony said:
yeah can we have leeks instead of celery please :cool: celery= :eek:

erm soz....i dont wanna be harsh but some things have to be in the soup, they kinda make the stock.

i'm not using onions....leeks may cause similar problems to those allergic.

sorry again. i'll be bringing some nice bread though! :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just a note to let you know that Razorstrop is taking some BCUK T-shirts and badges to your meet, a few people have mentioned it to me and he kindly offered to take some. No pressure though :D

Have a fabulous weekend guys and girls, I'm seriously jealous :You_Rock_

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE