spork or kfs

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
this has probably been asked before but i couldnt find anything on its so here goes

are you a sporky sort of guy

or

are you a (wo) man who likes tradition and use a knife fork and spoon

now then me i am a kfs set all the way cos i thinks sporks biggest waste of time ever

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got a couple of LMF sporks, one which lives in my brew kit and a titanium one my cat got me for xmas a few years ago :rolleyes:

For practicality though my Lexan kfs separates take some beating.

Last edited:

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
I like using my plastic spork when bushcrafting just to keep weight/items down but if I am camp-site type camping I'll take a folding KFS set along with a plate too!

S

spirit-bear

Definatly a spork guy, my luuurvly tibetan titanium one i use all the time.
But then i only ever use a fork and spoon at home never use a knife except for steak .mmm yummy

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Spork:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: no, KFS all the way, Spork:lmao::lmao::lmao: sorry, can't help it, they are one of those bits of kit I look at and think, why on earth mess about with that (much the same as when I see most Titanium products), its not a real spoon or a real fork; those are my polite feelings about them.

If the weight of carrying a proper KFS set is an issue I suggest your not fit enough to go :camping:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Deep man..............
Titanium spoon for me there was a fork but customs had that off me ....... I did have a Spork but I but I gave that to Nolightweight hes allways going on about it , bit sad really .....
Twodogs

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I have a foon or spork but I found that anything sloppy such as over-watered re-hydrated food just slopped out of it through the tines. I also find eating out of the pouches like I mostly do when camping in the hills you end up getting your hand in the mucky pouch. My solutions is an Alpkit long handled spoon in titanium of course. Now that is my only cutlery for the hills except for a couple of knives (tiny locking folder clipped into the pocket of my trousers where its colour perfectly mathces my trousers (very discrete), opinel No 8 I think in the sack and a SAK (cyber tool for its many tools).

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
Spork in the past. I keep an opinel 8 for food use too. I avoid metal kfs/spork as some of my kit is non-stick & I'd like to keep it that way. Spork has had its day tho - Woodlore Fundamental spoon has taken over!

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i use the light my fire sporks with the triangle mess box. Why? because its shaped like the pagan symbol for fire muhahahahaa
i never really cut my food anyways so dont use a knife (thats why i have teeth) just shovel homer simpson style

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
Spork:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: no, KFS all the way, Spork:lmao::lmao::lmao: sorry, can't help it, they are one of those bits of kit I look at and think, why on earth mess about with that (much the same as when I see most Titanium products), its not a real spoon or a real fork; those are my polite feelings about them.

If the weight of carrying a proper KFS set is an issue I suggest your not fit enough to go :camping:

fully agree there mate well said

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
KFS for me, plus a long handled spoon.

Although today I sent away for a Knork using tokens from cheap and rubbish Chicago Town Pizzas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE