Special Heirloom Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
sorry JD but Emma's right :)

bailey.jpg

Not that Bayley you big Numpty. This Bayley..

09Jan201111.jpg

08Jan20116.jpg

http://www.bayleyknife.com/site/index.aspx

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Don't encourage her. Things have gone too far already. Never invite your missus onto your favourite forum.. Sage and serious advice from me that!

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Great thread love seeing the build alongs adds to the end product imo seeing it in stages.
Not seen that damasteel pattern before but i'm taken

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Not seen that damasteel pattern before but i'm taken

I picked a new and relatively obscure one. It was a gamble but I'm more than happy with the pattern. I wanted quite a traditional Nordik pattern of the dark ages, that was the closest I could find in the new powder steel tech.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Got a few photos today as shaping started, it was all epoxied up yesterday and left overnight....

001.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

And then, par for course, I reach a point where photos go out of the window, I get so caught up in the progress that I just forget, except for changing belts/tools and wheels I don't put the knife down....

The photos are not great, sorry...

004-2.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

Still not 100% there yet, a little more finish and it's edge and spine need sorting, close enough for the next stage though....

:)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Gotta put Trunks updated version of this on them first...

AdderEtch.jpg

Although, it is off to have the presentation box made for it first.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have to admit, that is stunning, mate the fit and finish of that knife is exceptional, a true craftsman of the highest order, looks like a great user, and a pleasure to look at, ticks all the boxes for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE