Special Heirloom Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Been a few years in the works now, but I've always wanted a really special edition of my knife from Stu, something nicely presented and more personal to me than the other users he has made me in the past. So here is the final design. Taken me ages and I've changed it loads since I commissioned it last year. Only the damascus pattern has been consistent...

DSC07837.jpg

Blade is in Bjorkmantwist damasteel, full flat grind.

Bjorkmantwist.jpg

Stainless steel bolsters engraved with my Adder/Britain avatar on both sides. No lanyard hole and scales in carbon fibre with red/black liners. All presented in a custom box.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice Jon,

I thought the same when stu made the PFK - everyone needs "a knife for life".

Wish I'd thought of a box though.....bugger

Stilll .....I got the bolsters first! :D

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
Very nice indeed! ref the bolsters - do they wrap round or are they solid (replacing the fore of the handle)? Forgive me if thats a daft question - haven't seen the process on any of the knife-builds I've come across so far. :)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Nice Jon,

I thought the same when stu made the PFK - everyone needs "a knife for life".

Wish I'd thought of a box though.....bugger

Stilll .....I got the bolsters first! :D

I think it was the whole PFK package that first got this idea burning in my head. Three years later....

Very nice indeed! ref the bolsters - do they wrap round or are they solid (replacing the fore of the handle)? Forgive me if thats a daft question - haven't seen the process on any of the knife-builds I've come across so far. :)

The bolsters are just extensions of the scale, they don't wrap around.

I'll keep updating this thread with pics as the build progresses. I need to sort out a high def black and white image of my avatar now for the engravers. That is the largest one I have, so may have to start from scratch on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE