Southey & JonathanD's Epic Knife Test Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
No JD. Best not, but thanks for offering.

After all the scorn I've poured on BG and the atrocity just tested, I'd have to use it to cut Humble Pie before I did anything remotely woodsy with it.

Oh and I might fall in love with it...

Liam

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
No JD. Best not, but thanks for offering.

After all the scorn I've poured on BG and the atrocity just tested, I'd have to use it to cut Humble Pie before I did anything remotely woodsy with it.

Oh and I might fall in love with it...

Liam

In that case, I insist, or call you out as a orange-necked pecker-wood.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PoppyD

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
In that case, I insist, or call you out as a orange-necked pecker-wood.

Ooof!!! That's a bit strong...

I haven't been called orange since the accident at the spray tan salon in 91.

As I'm joining the Scouts in a week or two I suppose I should give the Chief Woggle's knife a try. :D

Cheers

Liam

(Just don't tell anyone - I've an image to uphold you know)

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ooof!!! That's a bit strong...

I haven't been called orange since the accident at the spray tan salon in 91.

As I'm joining the Scouts in a week or two I suppose I should give the Chief Woggle's knife a try. :D

Cheers

Liam

(Just don't tell anyone - I've an image to uphold you know)

Dude, the only spray tan in 91 used Ronseal or B&Q's own brand creosote and it was for larch lap fencing, not people!!!!

They let you into the scouts. Hells Bells. Please remember if you have to scratch yourself, do it outside your trousers and when no-one is looking.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Dude, the only spray tan in 91 used Ronseal or B&Q's own brand creosote and it was for larch lap fencing, not people!!!!

They let you into the scouts. Hells Bells. Please remember if you have to scratch yourself, do it outside your trousers and when no-one is looking.

I wondered why that tan lasted so long?

Thanks for the etiquette regarding Scratch and Sniff activity, that'll save me from committing what the French call a Fox P*ss.

Times must be tough for the Scouts, first BG and now me...

Liam

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
as for the BG, id like to have a play with one, but for general use, id rather stick to my scandis, then again "one mans poo is another mans dinner" or so they say.

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Ooh, x-ray would be cool!!

If not though, a magnet may help give an idea of tang length.

Because the tang is so close to the pommel, I couldn't get a definitive result. I thought about getting Emm to stare at it hard for a few minutes, which would certainly curdle the plastic, and make it fall off, but this one isn't my knife. I'll have to wait till mine gets home.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hahahaha dont melt it!, spoke to Nance, she will do it on Tuesday if that's all right Jon then post it back to you, oh no hang on, I will PM liam and send it up his way if that's still the delio?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hahahaha dont melt it!, spoke to Nance, she will do it on Tuesday if that's all right Jon then post it back to you, oh no hang on, I will PM liam and send it up his way if that's still the delio?

Roger Roger. An X-ray will be cool. Good to see your missus is much more useful than mine.

• Haha

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE