South Wales Feb 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Venue for the Feb meet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Greg, pick a weekend that you are off and I'm sure some of us will be able to make it.As I understand it the cowbridge site is available as and when we want it (? Jed).
I'm O.K. to go any weekend,there must be one or two others aswell.

Yes Chris, when ever we want to, weekends or week days, no bother. It looks like the weekend of the 20th - 22nd Feb is going to be at the Cowbridge/Graig Penllyn site. If anyone is'nt familiar with it, the directions are in this thread and the other South Wales thread. You've got to bring your own water, so remember that. I'm going to reccy on the 18th for conditions etc and report back on this thread, just to make sure everyone knows the conditions and local weather forecast. However, it February in Wales so expect cold and wet!:rolleyes:

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
It's not because it's February Jed,it's because it's Wales.If it's not raining ,it's either just stopped or just about to start.

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
dougster , you were wise to cancell your scotland trip , i didnt and on the third morning we woke to a metre and a half of snow and the road out had about 100 trees down across it so totally cut off,which sounds fun and was for the first day . Then the land line went down already no mobile service so by day four i had to walk out three miles to a near by farm to try and get food and antibiotic for my wife, which took 3 hours each way ( next time im takin snowshoes ). only to find there was no one at home. On the sixth day local farmer turned up on a tractor and towed us out so we headed for home sharpish. best snow Avemore has had for years but people couldnt get there. So now i need a holiday to recover.

Shame you cant make it Greg long time no see, see you all in cowbridge in a fortnight.

Cheers Rolly

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I'm on my placement at the moment, working for an activities Project for the learning disabled in Pontypridd. I was at a small community education center yesterday, attending a creative writing class when, who should nock on the window but Lloyd! Had the chance to have a little chat and i'm going round his for a coffee and nose around his workshop on Thursday but he says he's coming on the 20th/21st.:D :D

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I intend to bring a rabbit down to share but only have a 2lire pot. Any body bringing a pot a bit bigger so we can make a soup to go round. I will be away for a few days so can not answer/comment on the replies but the rabbit is on the table so to speak.

Look forward to meeting you all

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have some big pots (which just happen to be for sale/trade) which I will be bringing - along with a 100liters worth of other kit to trade/sell - I know it is 100l as it fits in the 100l drysack that is for sale!:D

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Anyone passin' thro Cardiff on they're way t' the site Fri?.....Any chance o' a lift?....just got me berg an' water carrier. Will s'ply Gold an' booze fer the journey....tho ye can't have the grog till we get there....cos it's still illegal t' swig rum from a bottle while drivin'.....:D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Yes Chris, when ever we want to, weekends or week days, no bother. It looks like the weekend of the 20th - 22nd Feb is going to be at the Cowbridge/Graig Penllyn site. If anyone is'nt familiar with it, the directions are in this thread and the other South Wales thread. You've got to bring your own water, so remember that. I'm going to reccy on the 18th for conditions etc and report back on this thread, just to make sure everyone knows the conditions and local weather forecast. However, it February in Wales so expect cold and wet!:rolleyes:

Well if weekdays/nights are ok then I can do loads!!:)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Anyone passin' thro Cardiff on they're way t' the site Fri?.....Any chance o' a lift?....just got me berg an' water carrier. Will s'ply Gold an' booze fer the journey....tho ye can't have the grog till we get there....cos it's still illegal t' swig rum from a bottle while drivin'.....:D

I'm not going anywhere near Cardiff Cap'n but i hope someone has got in touch.

Hi all, Is there room for 4 more for sat /night
Cheers Topknot.

Should be plenty of room bud and your always welcome!:D

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Weather forecast for this weekend in Cowbridge: Friday, slightly overcast, dry, 8 deg daytime dropping to 0 deg at night. Saturday, slightly overcast with light winds, 9 deg with a chance of light rain late afternoon, Sunday, overcast with a chance of light rain from lunchtime into afternoon. With weather like this it looks like John Fenna's not coming then, if he does turn up, expect gail force winds with torrential rain!:D

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
It won't be the same without the high winds and rain.
I've got hold of some needles and linen twine ,so if anyone wants to give it a go I'll try and give a quick net making display(no safety net or helmet 'cos I'm brave and reckless).

Spark

Forager
Jun 18, 2006
nr. Bristol
bcd.awardspace.info
I've got hold of some needles and linen twine ,so if anyone wants to give it a go I'll try and give a quick net making display(no safety net or helmet 'cos I'm brave and reckless).
Have you done a risk assesment on that sapper1? ;) :rolleyes:

Should I bring any dry firewood or not? Also what time is everyone expecting to arrive?

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
The risk assement came out as a guaranteed fall from a great height onto my head but no possibility of even a slight injury.Although we must have men with shovels on standby to fill in the hole in the ground to stop anyone tripping and falling into it,and qualified physiotherapists to prevent the shovelers getting back injuries.Also two councellors must be on site in case any one is traumatised by seeing grass and dead leaves being crushed by my falling body.I have personal liability insurance in case anyone is unduly distressed by reading this post
I think we're covered mate.

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Weather forecast for this weekend in Cowbridge: Friday, slightly overcast, dry, 8 deg daytime dropping to 0 deg at night. Saturday, slightly overcast with light winds, 9 deg with a chance of light rain late afternoon, Sunday, overcast with a chance of light rain from lunchtime into afternoon. With weather like this it looks like John Fenna's not coming then, if he does turn up, expect gail force winds with torrential rain!:D

the sod must of been hiding last time then :lmao:

Im happy to bring a shovel to baboon anyone you get too PC :Imao:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Greg, pick a weekend that you are off and I'm sure some of us will be able to make it.As I understand it the cowbridge site is available as and when we want it (? Jed).
I'm O.K. to go any weekend,there must be one or two others aswell.

Once you guys have got this w/end over and done with does anyone fancy having a meet on the 8th - 10th May?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE