Somerset Bushcraft WKND Meet 26-28 March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
WHAT........ :rant: .......... :censored: ....

:soapbox:I thought we had a :deal:. I have have to :pokenest: someone else. I thought we would have a few :beerchug: and you would :dancer: around the :campfire: all night...
But no :vio: I guess it's not to be....

guys im really sorry but its not looking hopeful for my attendance :(

its my wifes 40th in a couple of weeks and im so behind on arrangements etc having ALL! her family over to ours for a garden party and the like and I've barely scratched the surface in getting sorted

if at all possible im still hoping to get over saturday pm for the night although offski sharpish on the sunday.

sadly all my weekends between now and sept are pretty booked up too which is nice to know in one way but a bugger in making plans to do other things :(

so, my apologies i wont be there for the whole shebang but fingers crossed i'll see you all saturday evening :)

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
Im bringing my hammock. And a big pot of BBQ pulled pork. And a small 4' x 6' trailer of pine 2x4 cut offs. Really looking forward to this. Will go to Glastonbury to pick up the wood and try to be at site around 5ish.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Mayo that Pork sounds nice!
Let me know how much £££ you want for the wood.
I was thinking of trying to do bbq Beef ribs.... on the fire!

i have the opinion that just because you are cooking on a fire doesn't mean you can not enjoy gourmet food.

I am struggling to decide what to cook...

Friday night needs to be quick and simple really.

So i was thinking of legs of Pheasant in a cider and cream sauce on a bed of rice.

But I just don't know what to do. Trying to figure out my shopping list now lol

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Would be nice to see you... and i'm sure you'll add some humour!

How's the Mrs?

She's doing alright mate. I've got the cottage all sorted out now and it's nice and homely - I know it looked liked a crack den when you came round!
I'll give you a bell when I'm on my way up.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I have a Coleman two burner stove. Should I bring it?

If you want to...
I am taking a pesonal gas stove just in case everything is soacked - which going by the weather it looks like it could be lol

But i don't see myself cooking everything I wanted on tht.... Bloody Weather!
i am sure it will be fine

j

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hello Lads , I've haven't been keeping up with this thread , I have to work the Friday Night Into Saturday Morning , so i will be up on the Saturday just as soon as i've had me beauty sleep and unpeeled my mud mask.

Jay , can you PM me the map details please chap. Thanks.

I have seen some talk of a Group Meal on Saturday , is that /was that happening?

If i have it right i need to bring;-

ME
ABSYNTHE
FIRE WOOD
WATER
FOOD.

Anything else?

PS Whatever the outcome ref group meal etc or anything else I'll get squared away with every one when i'm there if thats alright.

PPS I was joking about the Absynthe!! Stuff tastes like fairy liquid and bleach!! Yeuch! ( Flashback to Torquay Night out. )

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Hello Lads , I've haven't been keeping up with this thread , I have to work the Friday Night Into Saturday Morning , so i will be up on the Saturday just as soon as i've had me beauty sleep and unpeeled my mud mask.

Jay , can you PM me the map details please chap. Thanks.

I have seen some talk of a Group Meal on Saturday , is that /was that happening?

If i have it right i need to bring;-

ME
ABSYNTHE
FIRE WOOD
WATER
FOOD.

Anything else?

PS Whatever the outcome ref group meal etc or anything else I'll get squared away with every one when i'm there if thats alright.

PPS I was joking about the Absynthe!! Stuff tastes like fairy liquid and bleach!! Yeuch! ( Flashback to Torquay Night out. )

I like Absinth... when done properly. Ice water, sugar cube etc etc

I am planning on a group meaL on Sat...

I'm thinking either Roast Lamb or Chilli....
Jacket potatoes or Rice...

I have not had anyone object to either so will come down to my choice i expect...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE